o n e

🌺

Na Jaemin’s life isn’t something to really be proud of, as what he think of himself. Compared to everyone at school, he’s pretty common than any other students: someone unrecognizable, basic, the types who dies first in every apocalypse films.

And he got no complaints about it because in that way he could always keep himself at peace with only a few people to bond with let alone those whom he truly knows since he was young.

Yes, he also got friends, a family that accepts him, went to a great school, perhaps? What more he can ask of.

And then there’s Lee Jeno, the merciless, the king, the untouchable. One of the elites, the popular squad of rich, arrogant, and brat kids in school. Not to mention, insanely rich group of people as well so they literally can do everything they want because pockets and wallets are overflowing.

Oh, and he’s a bully. Classic main character things because that’s what rich people were always depicted on other stories right? As what Jaemin thought.

The day won’t finish without them hearing some ‘good’ news about Jeno and his squad getting involved into war and commotions inside the school.

So Jaemin thought the best way to avoid this is to not get involved with any of these people at all, like no matter what cost.

.

It was pretty normal for him, as he was having a peaceful stroll on the school grounds, it was his class break, pretty lucky for them because this hour tends to be so good for breaks, really, and it happened only their class has this one so…lucky him I guess.

Later that, he notices how a low noise can be heard right behind the grandstand so he silently went to the area to find out what’s happening.

Come on stupid, you better give us that notes or you know what’s gonna happened right?” He heard a boy of a dominant tone said soon as he was exposed to the situation.

It was a group of five, two boys pinning down another guy with the one interrogating in the front, and of course…

Jaemin sighed as soon as his sight brushes on the last guy who was sitting in the furthermost behind of the four.

“It was Jeno”.

He crosses his arms and waited for what’s about to happened again this time, at the same time trying not to get caught and be involved with Jeno’s games.

B-but, I need this one…it’s due later” The little guy they were pinning down asked while trying to clutch what it seems to be some pile of papers Jeno and his pawns were asking.

Next then, the guy in front blows a punch over the guy making him fall down the ground.
And who do you think you are to answer back without being told? Huh?!” The guy in front shouted at him.

Hey, keep it down. People might hear us” On of the gang asked so the guy in front clear his throat.

I thought you guys were smart? Why do you need to keep hurting people for school works?” The little guy shouted back only to receive another round of punch on the face. At this time, the guy’s nose started bleeding much of Jaemin’s test of patience to flinch on him.

This time, Jeno rises up from his seat and went towards the four so the three from his gang went aside and let him handle the little guy.

And what are you trying to say about that?” Jeno asked and grab the little guy’s collar making him rise up from the ground and tiptoed his life.

I thought you were rich and smart? Why do you always have to do this? Maybe we were hearing lies about you elite people all this time”. The little guy hesitatingly said with courage enough to make Jeno’s blood boil from anger and throw the guy over the wall, hurting him even more.

He slowly then went towards the little guy again as was about to throw a punch again but something quickly brushes over his sight as soon as he spotted someone over the grounds who seems to be witnessing them.

It was Jaemin.

Startled, Jaemin choked an air as soon as he and Jeno locked eyes even from afar. “He saw me” He mumble in his breath as he started walking back slowly before Jeno and his gang would do something.

Jeno suddenly felt a bit disappointed as how the situation suddenly tilts. He clear his mind and straightened his stance much of the little guy and his gang’s confusion of the sudden change of mood.

Consider this your lucky day” Jeno said and started walking away.

Hey but we’re not done yet!” One of his gang exclaimed but Jeno continue walking.

We’ll get the answers in a different way” he said and paused suddenly. “And oh…don’t you ever tell someone this day happened, get it?” He pointed out towards the little guy, threatening him before the little guy run from his life leaving them four.

Aish, I thought this day was ‘our’ lucky day, not his” One of the pawns irritatingly said before noticing how Jeno grind his teeth quickly knowing how Jeno rules and so they stopped talking.

What could be the reason of it? The three pawns asked their minds, sharing shrugs at each other.

Did someone saw us? Fuck it! This could be the end of us! One of the pawns said in his mind as he stare at the image of Jeno in front of them, only to saw him on the same calm manner like as if nothing happened.
Little they know Jeno had something in mind.