2- A good secretary always brings the boss's coffee

"Now, first thing first, you will need to get me my coffee. Then I will show you around and introduce you to some people here." He says rubbing his palms, and going behind his desk.

"Ok, but don't you have your own secretary?"

"She is on maternity leave and until she is back your will be working for me and with me. Do you understand?" he asks using his strict office tone.

"Yes, Alvin," I say in a cool tone.

"Another thing Lilliput, we are in the office so you will have to address me formally. I am your boss here, so you can call me sir." He says a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Yes, sir" I salute him, standing straight. "But then, shouldn't you be calling me by my actual name?"

"I am the boss here, so I can call you however I please to," he says smiling arrogantly, sitting on his chair. He was trying to rile me up.

"Uh- ah! That is the wrong use of your powers," I exclaim.

"It's my power," he chuckles raising one eyebrow and then gives me a smirk. Oh my god! i could literally have a fan girl moment here.

I shook my head and blinked. "You know with great power comes great responsibility," and continues with a straight face.

This makes him laugh out loud. And his laughter echos in the room and i bit my lips a small smile on my face. His laugh was infectious.

"Ever the Marvel fan I see," he comments with a grin.

 "I'll call you sir only if you call me by my name." I propose instead.

"Alright, I was only kidding Lilliput. I won't call you by your nickname in front of others, don't worry."

"Ok, good." I breathe in relief. I did not want to be embarrassed in my workplace, though the name he gave me didn't bother me much, I didn't want anyone else calling me that.

"Now, why are you still standing there? Go and get my coffee. You know where the break room is right?" He orders me grumpily, his personality doing a complete 180. Not having his morning coffee on time makes him like this.

 I know he tends to get angsty and grumpy because of that.

"Yes, I do. I will be back with your coffee, sir" I comment exiting his office to get his morning dose of energy. Without it, he would be a grumpy ass.

You should know that I have been a regular visitor to his office, so I already knew where the break room was because that is where they tended to keep the snacks and good things to eat. The space was big enough to spend your free time there and if you wanted to work, you could do that here as well.

This room was right between, the worker's area and Alvin's office, so it wasn't that far. It was almost like a kitchen, minus the utensils. There were 3 coffee machines and 2 microwaves on the island stacked neatly in a line along with coffee cups. 

I got a white mug, and check the coffee machine if it had milk in its container, which thankfully it did. I did not want to go looking for the milk now. 

Keeping the mug in its place I push the button and wait for the brown and the white liquid to be poured at the same time but nothing happens. No sound.

I press the button again and wait. Still nothing. Next, I check the plug and push the button again. The machine only makes gurgling sounds in the beginning, pours some brown liquid, and stops.

"What the heck!" I groan annoyed. 

I could have used another machine but being the stubborn human I am, I wanted to get the coffee from this particular one. I push the button multiple times in frustration but nothing happens, not even a sound comes from it. So, in a fit of anger, I hit the coffee machine, still, nothing.