Chapter 8.1

Copyright © 2012 Kamilla

All rights reserved.

 --------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8.1

I woke up with a sore body; images from the night before flashed through my mind and a big smile spread itself out on my face. My body stretched itself as a response to the soreness, and I yawned loudly before reaching after Michael with my arm. Just to meet by air.

Frowning, I rolled around and looked at the empty space beside me. A sigh escaped my mouth and I buried my head into the soft pillow, feeling as if I was just a one-night stand.

That was before I heard Michael’s humming voice carry out to where I was lying, soon after he came through the door with a bed table with him. On it, was the most obviously things, lots of delicious food. Have I mentioned that Michael can cook like a professional?

Well, he never fails to surprise me with things like this.

“Hi handsome,’’ my croaky morning voice greeted him.

I pushed myself up from my lying position and leaned my back against the bedpost. Feeling excitement bubble inside me, and it spread to other parts of my body, especially my mouth. It was as if I couldn’t stop smiling at Michael, like a totally idiot.

Poor man, he probably is wondering in this moment how he ended up with me. My body shook in silent laughing, Michael didn’t notice though.

“Well, hello to you too, sleepyhead.’’

My heart skipped a beat when he smiled his dazzling and toothy smile. Sometimes I can’t stop asking myself how I managed to catch him, hadn’t it been for my bad grades in every subject he have, we would never have been where we are this day. At that time he were tutoring me we both had been very careful to not trying to fall in love, but things happen and we couldn’t stop it. Not that I'm complaining.

“And what’s the special occasion?’’ I teased, knowing fully well he would go defensive at any time.

“What! Can’t I do something nice for you without being doubted?’’ he exploded, not exactly in an angry way, but more like frustrated.

I laughed and shook my head. “Chill, I was just kidding.’’

He relaxed and placed the table down onto my thighs. All of my favourite breakfast meals were placed neatly on the table, and on the top of it all he had placed a pink rose across my pancakes. Even though the rose was half dead and half alive it was a sweet coming from him.

“I am really sorry, but I need to take a trip into the city. And probably won’t be home before later tonight, you can stay here if you want to, okay?’’ I nodded and responded to his attempt at kissing me.

“Yeah, okay. I’ll probably visit Mini or Victoria, I’ll see,’’ I said and fixed on the table that was slowly gliding down.

Michael called out his goodbyes from the hallway before leaving me alone in his apartment, with the silence as my only friend. What to do? It’s Saturday already, and since it’s no school I can maybe try to fix everything with Victoria. Possibly Cameron too.

That thought scared me. What can I possible say after this long silence between us? Now when I see it more clearly, I must have been kind of cold and distant towards her. First I ignore her in several days, also when she is calling me in the hallway at school. And at the top of that I maybe have been accusing her for the wrong things, such as the note.

She wouldn’t go so far saying that Michael was cheating on me, I told her how much he means to me, and she most certainly understood that.

My eyebrows narrowed together in annoyance and by thinking. I reached out to snatch my cellphone from the nightstand; somehow it had ended up there in the heat of moment last night. I quickly scrolled down on my contact list and found Cameron pretty easily. My fingers found the SMS button and I wrote down a quick message to her, before hitting send.

It didn’t take long before her answer came.

Me - We need to talk

Cameron ~ I know, you can come over at my place after noon.

The ‘I know’ part made me smile slightly. How ironic. It wasn’t exactly those words I wanted to hear right now, much because it reminded me a lot about the note. I could still imagine the ugly, old sickly yellow paper lying in my locker. How anybody managed to place it inside there at the first place is beyond me, but they sure as hell is not good at picking paper colour.

~

The air nibbled on my skin, and the sun warmed my body through the jacket I was wearing. The snow was melting everywhere, creating streams with water down the road where I was walking. It wouldn’t take long before I was at Cameron’s place; the familiar sign that lead into her street were already visible from where I was walking.

My palms were becoming clammy and all sweaty, and I dried them on my jeans. My mind was overthinking when I got nearer Cameron’s house, and my tongue was starting to feel strangely numb. What am I going to say?

It was the major question. How can I walk easily up to her front door and talk, it’s not like I’m brave enough to even look her in the eyes now. My stomach took a flip around when the house became in sight.

The nineteen-century house stood tall in all its glory, it looked as if it hasn’t passed a day since it was built. The chalk white paint still was looking new and fresh, no doubt after seeing how crazy Cameron’s mother is with the house appearance.

Thick bushes were spread around the whole property, giving the façade an even more glorified look. It must be the most beautiful house in this street, maybe even the whole district.

My legs took the swing into the path without thinking; the whole scene felt like what a usual day would be like. For a couple days ago I would have been walking this path just because I was visiting Cameron, now I was visiting Cameron, but at the same time confronting her.

I knocked on the door and prepared myself for what would happen next, my palms clammy again. For a second I doubted my actions and almost turned around to leave, before anyone could answer the door. But when the door swung open, by no other than Cameron, it was no way back.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the boring chapter(?) The next one will be more exciting and things will be revealed. It will get better!

Thank you for reading my story!

~Kamillasrl