Chapter 5.1

Copyright © 2012 Kamilla

All rights reserved. 

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5.1

It could be anything for whatever I knew. What if the person just had been looking at the house because they liked our windows or something like that? Maybe they wanted to redecorate their house like ours?

I remember my mom always was looking at our neighbour house for a couple years ago. She loved the house and had always wanted to have it, but when she had realized that it wasn't a realistic idea she had just redecorated our house like theirs. 

It was quite possible it was just a person who liked our house, but something just weren't getting along with the other facts.

Oh my god! What if I have some freaky guy watching me to see if I am going to get naked, what is a guy like that called? A watcher? Something like that. That is just gross.

But that just sounded so weird, nothing was understandable right now, all my excuses didn't fit to the mysterious person's behaviour. If I asked one more question I would go mad having to think about them all, therefor I tried my best to forget it all, for a little while.

But it was so freaking hard!

I was still on the verge of crying by fear, my mom wasn't home yet and the house was incredibly silent. My hearing was on the edge all the time, and just by a little creak my body would freeze. It was as if my brain was expecting something to happen at any time, the adrenalin was pumping trough my veins by the smallest sound and it all was quite disturbing.

I wanted to get out of here, but had nowhere to go. Something with being alone in the house right now didn't seem safe, it was maybe foolish, but I would have felt so much better if I was outside.

The worst thing is that it's not like I can drive over to Cameron's place like I usually would do, and visiting Michael now just meant more fighting between us. He was clinging too much onto me. I need some space sometimes.

Of course I had to talk to him sometime, and I would, just when I was sure that I wouldn't be telling him about the note or any other thing.

The note!

Had the note anything to do with this?

I don't know how long I walked like a scared ghost around in the house, before I finally heard the familiar sound of my mom open the door and walking in. I was pretty sure that it had gone some time, because she wasn't supposed to be home before after her meeting. And she had said it would be a late one.

In lightning speed, it felt like, I flew down the staircase and ran into her, she was holding several plastic bags from the grocery and they all became crushed between our bodies.

In the background I could hear something fall and hit the floor with a big smack sound.

"Finally! You are home!'' I screamed in something that was between relief and happiness.

Even though, I was still scared after the whole binocular incident just moments earlier I now was filled with great relief, or happiness, something euphoric at least.

"What is up with you, you never give me a hug when I come home,'' my mom answered in the second I released my arms around her and took a step back.

She lifted her hand and pushed away several strands that had fallen in front of her sun-tanned face. Like the bad habit I have, my eyes wandered towards her hand and searched after the wedding ring, only to be met by nothing on it. Only dilated pupils and a warm smile from her.