18

"Thanks, I'll leave Ie-kun's side with you then." Tsuna told to his earbud. "Yuni, are you at the control room now?"

"We don't want to lose you, so this much is nothing really, Tsu-chan."

Tsuna gave a fond smile.

"Exactly. And yes, I have arrived safely to the control room."

The brunet nods, "okay, how's the situation? Why are the connection between us and them disappeared?" He then asks.

He then heard a soft hum, "An illusionist," Yuni responds, "Ieyoshi-kun is currently engaging in a battle with Kari whilst the Varia is in a battle with Kaga."

"The kidnapper and the doctor-scientist.." Tsuna trails off, "How are they? Are they any different.."

"The scientist and Varia.. I don't see any problem. I don't think they're struggling much, but they're close to where NIE project is." Yuni explains shortly, "But Ieyoshi-kun.. Here, Kari seems to have mastered the mist flames.."

The brunet thought for a while, "Will you be able to handle him, Byakuran?" He asks out.

"Who are you asking to? Of course I can."

Tsuna chuckles, "Alright then, how about Verde?" He then question.

"He's over here with me, trying to hack further into the base."

The brunet nods, "Okay, then let's go as our original plan." He announced.

"Roger."

.

.

.

"VOI!" As everyone knows, it's the ever loud Squalo who said that. As Yuni informed earlier, the Varia, and the probably forgotten CEDEF I mean, Iemitsu is dead.. they don't really have much meaning here-- slapped. (I'm sorry hsmfbsnd),,, back to the sentence.

As Yuni informed earlier, the Varia is currently in a battle with Kaga, the doctor-scientist. The one who experimented on Tsuna yes.

"This is why I work over the lab," Kaga hisses as he ran away from the overwhelming Varia. "I'm not really strong if we compare in our strenght."

"Ushishi, unfortunately that you're found by us then." Bel responded. "It'll be very much easier if you stay still and let us kill you, okay?"

"I am in no way a masochist you see?" Kaga lets out a nervous-excited laugh, "I am more of a sadist if I say so."

Bel didn't seem much interested in the conversation and throws some of his knifes, earning some yelps.

"Well," Kaga then reached down to his lab jacket, "I have no other choice.. It's still a prototype though." He announced to himself, before revealing a syringe.

"Oh! Is it a somekind mad-scientist, you know! Experiments?" Lussuria excitedly asks out.

"Mu," Mammon observes the infused of indigo and orange colored thing inside the syringe, "Those are dying will flames."

"Exactly!" Kaga unexpectedly yells out. "You see you see? We're mid-way experimenting if the N#1 and that Vongola's sky flames can merge together!" He excitedly explains, "but since I don't have other choices, I guess I'll be the one to try this one out!"

"He is absoloutly out of his mind." Turmeric mumbles out.

"I hope he would just self destruct with that." Oregano added on.

Not feeling offended in the slightest, Kaga then shrugs.

"Is it dangerous, Mammon?"

Thinking for a while, "Experimenting on dying will flames doesn't always give out pretty results." The arcobaleno told. "It'll be better if we prevent it."

"Voi! You hear that!" Squalo yells out as he lungs in, sword ready to cut down everything.

"Ushishi," Bel took his knifes and threw them. "You're too loud."

"Oomph! That's so close~" Kaga barely evades the attacks, "Well then." Without waiting for anything else, he stabbed himself with the syringe, pressing on it.

As the Varia halted, observing to see what will that flames infuse will do to the crazy scientist.

Kaga lets out a hum, not feeling any changes just yet. "Hmm.. I guess it was a failure?" He lets out a disappointed voice.

'Even if it fails, there's no way the infused flames would dispers into nothing.' Mammon thought to themself. 'And those flames aren't any normal flames,,'

As their thought trails off, Kaga suddenly lets out a painful yelp, alerting everyone (although they don't show it).

Slowly, from the place where the syringe was placed, it starts to swell up  (you know like Iris' servants in the future arc) and slowly his whole body swells up too.

"Yuck."

"That is so disgusting." Bel throws another set of knifes while Levi also prepares for his Levi Volta.

Squalo not wanting to come closer and does any close-ranged combat jumps back and let Bel and Levi who does long-range combat to attack that... not human being anymore.

"Grawh-" Kaga can't even speak human anymore-

"And that's why you shouldn't do any experiments you don't understand well." Tsuna, who just came voiced out in disgust. "How're you guys coping?"

After that sentence, Levi's Parabola charged and electrocuted Kaga.

"Youch."

Tsuna looks away since the electricity was too bright for his eyes. After a few seconds and the light died out, he looks back and looked at what left of Kaga.

"Well, that was a total one-sided fight." Tsuna chuckles, "As expected of Varia."

"Boss doesn't even have to stood up from his chair." Levi proudly huffs. "They are weaklings."

"The troublesome enemy is at the other side." Tsuna then told, "Mammon, if I can ask, can you go there as a backup since the enemy is also an illusionist?"

"Mu," Mammon gave a look, "Do you not believe in your own.." They halted.

The brunet blinks, "ah, just in case." He told. "It's more reassuring to have many people on your back, right?"

"I expect a really high payment."

Tsuna gave a sheepish laugh, "I'm poorer than Vongola though." He thought for a while, "ah!" He leans closer to whisper something to Mammon, "Then why don't you take Lupo's."

"...."

Tsuna gave a cheeky grin.

***

11 January 2022