chapter 26

Dariens POV

We search everywhere in the territory for Violet, but we found no clue to where she went.
Its been a couple of hours since she left, one of my fine tracker found her scent, so we followed it to no man's land, it was dangerous their, I knew she wasn't that stupid to go there, the legend said in the land of the forgotten it was dark,darker beyond our power to see, the woods played  with our mind, if we didn't look where we were going we would likely end up dead.
When we reached the no man's land, I could smell her scent I quickly followed it, I saw a small glowing river and knowing that the water was fresh I took a sip and noticed how my vision change, I saw saw everything the whole surrounding like how I saw it in my night vision.
"Men take a sip of the water, it has some kind of power" I said.
My men were kneeling down taking a sip of the water.
I took another sniff and smelt another, was she meeting someone here, no I couldn't think that way I know I was hard on her but what If she is I couldn't imagine my love of my life be in another.
I held back a tear I knew I couldn't show weakness to my men what kind of Alpha would I be if I did.
"Lets go this way, her scent is stronger this way".
I saw Joseph grab a container and filled it with the enchanted river.
"Just in case, it wears off"  Joseph said.
I nodded and led the men into the darkness of the land.
We walked for some while, I could tell my men were getting tired.
"We'll  camp here tonight you all rest , while I take the first shift " I said.
Everyone settle down as I walked around our perimeter, I sat down on a fallen tree.
All I could think about was Violet, is she hurt, is our child okay, I wished so bad to have marked her, if I did maybe she could tell me where she is.
I sat their for a while, listening to the wilderness of no man's land.
I could hear owl hooting away, I could hear tree animals climbing up their home.
Its been a couple of hours since we searched for her.
I didn't know where it came from but I felt a sharp blade go in my chest I look everywhere, nothing my chest looked fine, I felt the invisible blade move all direction on my chest, I could keep a scream, I saw my men get up all at once they saw me on the ground, they ran by my side.
"What's wrong Alpha" Joseph said.
He pulled my chest and saw a fresh scar forming in my chest.
It felt like hours, but in reality it was a couple of minutes until the pain stopped, my men looked worried they gave me space while Joseph tend to the new wounds.
"What was that Joseph" I said.
He didn't say a thing, he pulled me up and I knew he was hiding something from me.
"Come out with it, tell me what happened" I siad witb authority in my tone.
I saw him back up a little.
"Alpha I don't know what it is but one of our men do" Joseph said.
I saw one of my men come out and pulled off his shirt to show me the mark that resembled mine.
"Dan, what is happening to me" I questioned.
"Alpha I will tell you but first let me tell you how I got it"he said.
"Ok tell me what you know" I said.
"My mate Dria and I weren't having a great marriage, she was my mate and the mother of my two boys, one day she went out she never told me where but she was gone, I didn't know why but I felt the same Pain as you just felt,
Dria was with another guy when it happened she had sex with someone that wasn't me, our Luna just mated with another Alpha " Dan said.
I was shocked he must be kidding me.
"No I won't believe she is having an affair, No!! I howled.
I ran through the forest so fast that is shifted mid air ripping my clothes off.
I followed he scent again, I was outraged. She can't be doing this to me could she, no I won't believe.
Please moon goddess tell me she isn't with another.
I ran so fast that I could smell her scent getting stronger.
I stopped when I saw a big manor, it was black and moldy like no one has lived here, I noticed that my Warriors were by side, Joseph gave me my short, I opened my mouth and took it  from him, I went behind a bush and changed.
I came out and took my men further back we need a plan.
The plan that we came up was just surround the mansion and I go inside get my mate while my men stay guard, than I will Rip whoever took her from me and make him pay, he will beg me to finish him off.
So that was my plan; I ran up to the house my men following behind I jumped and went through glass the last thing I wanted to see was my mate in another's arm.