Chapter Seven - Crimson Love.

"You know, you sure make my father mad. He hates you."

"I've noticed. Edith. Your father is a stubborn man. Yet, I can't blame him."

"I suppose so, yet I don't see what he hates about you. You are intelligent, handsome, charming, clever, and so much more.."

Edith said pressing their hands on my chest, touching the rims of my coat and button up shirt.

"My, my, why are you touchy tonight?"

"I'm only feeling your clothes. They are tailored perfectly. So astonishing may I say. The color fits you. Your hair is perfectly styled. Slicked back, I love it. Drives me crazy everytime I see you, Mori."

"Charming."

There was people laughing, talking, and drinking in the ballroom. I looked at them and looked back at Edith. How charming she looked. Her outfit was carefully chosen and made. Sew by hand. Her dress made of emerald and pearls. A forest green color. We both matched the same color. On purpose of course. 

A woman came up to the piano. She sat on the stool and started to play a slow, remedy. That sets the mood. I looked into her eyes and took her hand, bringing it to my lips and kissed her soft, delicate hand. 

"May I take you?" I bowed and she took curtsy. 

She smiled and laughed. "Why, of course, Mori. I would love to."

We walked into the ballroom, arms around each other, we stood in the middle of the room, as the music echoed through the room. 

"Quite the lady, aren't you?"

"Quite the gentleman you make, passing remarks on the fly-"

"Oh, but it wasn't on the fly, my lady." Kissing her hand.

I grabbed her waist and her hand. She held onto my hand and then to my shoulder. What a beauty she was. Her long, dark hair, styled perfectly. Her eyes glimmering like the moon. They shined like a pearl.

We started to waltz. I felt everyone's eyes hit us, especially me.

"My father is looking at you, ratherly very rude. Staring almost."

"Well my dear, sad to say, I don't care. He can't stop this love nor this dance."

"My, my, Mori where did you learn how to dance so smoothly? The waltz is hard to do."

"It's a form of dance I see as art. It's beautiful. I taught myself how to do it."

My grip on her waist tightened and we waltzed around the room, not giving a care about what anyone would say or think. This was our moment. My moment.

Her body moved almost magically. Moving so smoothly. Oh, the way her hips moved. I glanced down at her lips and smiled.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, dear, just admiring you."

She smiled and a red, crimson blush came upon her face. Oh how beautiful her smile was. I smirked at her while I glanced at her hand.

"I notice you don't have a ring on your finger. Your father hasn't found anyone or did he finally give up?"

"He won't give up and I don't think it's the moment to get married. I still want to do stuff, but of course as a woman. I don't get many choices now do I."

I looked at her and smiled.

"Perhaps I could change that my love. You're stunning love. I know your father hates me, but I don't care. It won't stop me from loving you, dear."