|20|

Shivaay and Anika were sitting on the bed and Shivaay was holding the photo frame in his hands and his eyes were filled with tears

S- She is Shivani, my sister and Aadi's mother.

Shivaay said and Anika looked at him in shock.

A- You...r....sis...ter.

Anika was asked hesitantly and Shivaay nodded his head.

S- My twin sister. We were 19 and studied in same college. She was in love with my best friend, Rahul and we were all very happy. One day, she realised that she was pregnant and we were so mad at her. Mom & dad were very upset with her as we were still in college. But few weeks later, we accepted the baby and Rahul also wanted to marry her as he didn't want the baby to be called illegitimate.

Shivaay sighed and clutched the photo frame tightly in his grip. Anika just held his hand to support him emotionally.

S- It was Shivani's 8th month of pregnancy when she went into labor. We were very worried especially rahul. But everything was fine and Shivani gave birth to Aadi. When Aadi turned two months old, Shivani and Rahul got married. I gifted them honeymoon tickets to Spain. They were so happy and we gladly kept Aadi with us. They boarded the flight but....

A lone tear escaped from Shivaay's eyes and Anika side Hugged him.

S- But their plane got crashed. No one was alive in that plane crash.

Anika's eyes were filled with tears. She rested her head on Shivaay's shoulder and started sobbing and Shivaay caressed her hair as few tears escaped from his eyes.

S- At first it was very difficult but I decided to adopt Aadi legally and give him a good life. Aadi doesn't know about all this and we want to keep it that way as the pain of losing parents is immense.

Shivaay said and Anika nodded her head.

A- Aadi is our son and he will always be our eldest son.

Anika said and Shivaay looked at her with immense respect.

He smiled and pecked her forehead.

S- You're really perfect for Aadi and for me as well.

Shivaay said and Anika smiled.

S- Come on, Let's sleep.

A- Yeah I'm taking Aadi to school tomorrow.

Anika said with excitement and Shivaay chuckled.

Soon they slipped into bed and drifted into sleep.

It was early morning when Anika's sleep broke and she felt an arm wrapped around her waist. She slowly opened her eyes and found Shivaay's arm wrapped around her and her face snuggled in the crook of Shivaay's neck.