|6|

Shivaay rolled a paratha and gave it to Anika

Shivaay rolled a paratha and gave it to Anika. Anika was about to eat it when they heard footsteps approaching the terrace.

Anika and Shivaay exchanged worried expressions.

As soon as Anuradha opened the terrace door, she looked around and saw Shivaay eating his breakfast while Anika was putting the wet clothes on the clothes string to dry them.

An- Anika, what are you doing here, beta?

Anuradha said while faking a smile because of Shivaay's presence.

A- Maaji, I...I... Was just drying clothes. Did you need anything?

An- Oh! Nothing. You just disappeared so I was just looking for my beloved daughter in law.

Anuradha said with a fake smile and turn to look at Shivaay who was already glaring at her. Anika controlled her smile after looking at the duo.

Anuradha chuckled nervously.

An- You do your work. I'll go.

She said faking sweetness to Anika and left. Shivaay and Anika looked at each other and burst into laughter.

Shivaay gave the paratha to Anika and she ate it happily.

S- So, will you show me... I mean me and Chris, the village?

Anika looked at him with hesitation.

A- Uh... I...can.... But.... I won't get the permission.

Anika said with hesitation and Shivaay thought for a while.

S- Don't worry about that. I'll cover up for you. Take your iPad also so that you can study for your entrance exam too.

Shivaay said and Anika smiled widely and nodded her head.

A- I'll prepare the lunch in half an hour and then we can go.

Anika rushed inside the kitchen and started preparing lunch with a wide smile.

Reeti entered the kitchen and was happy to see Anika smiling.

R- Someone's looking happy.

Reeti asked her with a smile and Anika looked at Reeti with a wide smile.

A- Reeti chachi, I've so much to tell you but please promise me that you won't tell anybody.

Reeti cupped Anika's cheeks and smiled.

R- if it's the matter of my daughter's happiness then I won't open my mouth till death.

Anika smiled with teary eyes and she hugged Reeti.