Chapter 16

Jack

“Hi Sour

Okay since we are cutting to the chase, I have something to say as well. I agree of the ground rules that you have laid and assuming that this is completely innocent, let’s be as vague as possible about material things. I responded through a PO box as well so none of us know each other’s addresses. And quite frankly, that’s the best thing about this old fashioned mode of communication, no IP addresses and whatnots to trace down.

Now about me, I am Santa. Nearly seventy year old, retired with a wife who is not happy with me and two kids who have left us. So, yeah I get you, there is nothing here for me anymore anyway. I don’t know how to do this kid, but I figured I will start from the beginning.

So I read in your first letter how you said your dad is a police officer, that was a smart move to have kept creeps away.
About your dad, I am really sorry kid. I cant imagine how difficult it would have been for you and I understand why you did what you did but let me tell you something.

I am a father to two kids and even though they want nothing to do with me right now, I still love them and I still want the best for them.
Now, I don’t know about your dad but I am pretty sure that he was a fine gentleman and an amazing father. And no father who loves his kid that much would want her to leave her life and come with him.

I know you miss him and your mother might not be the best support but kid, he would have wanted you to be happy, always. He would have wanted you to live your life and no one says its going to be easy but it is worth it.

You see, I have always been a very straightforward person. The day I decided to reply, I went on the internet and researched because that is what I did my whole life.

I know that this is hard for you but you know what? You started this, you sent out the letter and that means there is still a tiny fraction of you mind that wants you to keep moving.
Now, it is not going to be easy and I don’t have all the answers, I am just going to tell you what I know and maybe it will help you.
Write back.

Santa.”

__________________________________________________