Chapter 21

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

For the past 24 hours, I've been trying to call Anthea to explain myself but all day she's hit the voice-mail button on me. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life but I felt as if this were the biggest one. I haven't felt this way since I liked Kylie and even my love for Anthea was way more passionate and stronger. I wish I could tell her how I feel but the nervousness would always kick in and make me a shy wreck. 

"Hello Anthea, please let me explain. I made a mistake and I accused you of horrible things but I can trust you and I will for the rest of my life now. Please," I hung up the voice-mail and began pacing around the room. Tonight was the red carpet event and I was hoping Anthea would go with me. I guess that thought would have to be pushed aside now because clearly she was still angry with me. 

If that wasn't bad enough, neither Anthea nor Harry were answering my calls now. Even as I dialled Kylie's number it went straight to voice-mail.

"Hello Kylie it's Zayn," I explained to her the situation I was in until my time limit reached. Maybe she would convince Anthea to forgive me? It was worth a shot and I know that they were getting along fairly well. 

My tux had been delivered and as I got it tailored to perfection.

-------

Where was Harry? I thought we were supposed to meet up around this time? I drove off into the afternoon light and made my way over to his flat. As I was about to knock, the door opened and I made eye contact with Lauren and Todd, leaving. 

"Hey Zaynie," she flirted. I rolled my eyes and pushed through them so I could enter in one piece. Once I slammed the door, I heard footsteps and giggling which I'm sure was a sign that they were gone.

"What happened?" I asked. Harry shook his head and sat down on the couch. He placed his face in his hands and just rested there. 

"Mate, are you alright?" I asked. He stayed silent for a few more moments before he finally looked up.

"It's Lauren and Todd. They-they know," he told me. 

"Know what?" I asked concerned.

"They know about the bet." 

"No they don't."

"Yeah, they heard everything."

I was stunned. If they knew then why haven't they told Kylie yet? Surely they want revenge on Harry. Unless...

"Are they blackmailing you?" I asked astonished. He nodded slightly and I saw the stress lines on his forehead that were building up.

"What did they want?" I asked.  

"Firstly, they don't want me to tell Kylie that they are negotiating with me," 

"They want money," he continued.

"Thirdly, they want me to get Helda out of prison..." Harry said. My eyes shot open. Out of all the nasty things that they could want him to do. I shook my head furiously.

"No. Absolutely no. No, no, no, no. Think about you; Helda wants us dead! Think about Kylie; that's her father's lover!" shouted Zayn. 

"But I don't want her to find out about the bet! She'll think of my love towards her all this time as a lie! It's not though!" screamed Harry.

"Tell her that," I spoke calmly. "She'll understand. Kylie is forgiving."

"I have made her forgive me so many times. She deserves better then that," Harry sighed. 

"Then I might be able to come up with a plan," I offered. Harry's eyes lit up.

"Really?" he asked. "What is it?"