Chapter Five: Kim Woo Bin

"Where are you taking her for your date?" Soo Hyuk asked as I was fixing my hair in the mirror.
"Don't worry about it." I told him.
He mocked gasped and said. "I was just asking. So rude."
I laughed. I was actually nervous about taking her out. I don't know why because I feel like I know everything about her. During our drives we were completely honest with each other talking about everything. I even told her about my life in Korea before I'd moved here. Me and Sung Joon lived in a not so good neighborhood and had done some bad things. That was part of the reason why we decided to leave with Soo Hyuk to America.
"She loves seafood so I'm taking her to a lobster resturant and then a movie." I told him.
"You're dining at our competitors resturant. You must really like her."
I chuckled as I put the finishing touches on my hairstlye.

I took the drive from my aprtment to SUNshine. Arie was waiting for me and she took my breath away. She looked so beautiful standing there. Her hair was pulled over one shoulder in curly waves and she wore a thigh length emerald green dress that made her skin glow. I was speechless as I watched her walk towards me.
"You look amazing." I said reaching her. She smiled shyly and said. "So do you."
I held out my hand and she placed hers in mine.
I couldn't control the intense urge I had to kiss her. So I pulled her close to me and she looked up at me with her big brown eyes. I took her face in my hands and leaned down. She closed her eyes and I kissed her. It was magical. I know it makes me sound like a teenge girl but I swear I saw stars and everything in the world was alligned. This was perfect. I knew in that instant that this was the woman for me, no one else would do.

Our date was perfect. We laughed ate good food. Arie told me funny stories about her brothers and her life before her parents got divorced. She admitted that neither of her parents knew she had a job because they would object to it. But she's eighteen so if she wants to have a job there isn't anything they could do about it. After dinner we went to the movies.
"Horror, Comedy or action." I asked her as we looked at the titles of movies being shown. She smirked at me and pointed to the poster of a movie that looked like a sappy romance. "Oh no. I don't do roamce." I said.
She pouted. "But i've been dying to see this after I read the book. Its really good."
"You've already read the book. You know what happens. Why do you need to see the movie?" I protested.
She crossed her hands over her chest. "Fine. Lets see whatever you want." She said walking away.
I laughed and walked up putting my arm around her shoulder. "Ok we can see the chick flick." I said pulling her into me. She snuggled into my chest laughing.
I didn't get any better than this. Just spending time with an amazing girl and laughing and having fun.

At the end of the night I sat in my car in front of her house reluctant to let her go. I held her hand in mine as it rested on my leg. "Tonight went by way to fast."
She laughed lightly. "You act like you aren't going to see me tomorrow. Your picking me up for work remember?"
"Tomorrow's too far away." I complained.
"I'll give you something to remember me by until you can see me again." She leaned over and anticipated her lips on mine. She was an inch away when there was a knock knock on the car window. She quickly pulled back and settled in her own seat before rolling down the window. A woman stood there glaring at us. She looked similar to Arie so I assumed she was her mom. My assumption was confirmed when she gasped out. "Mom. What are you doing?"
"I think I should be asking you that question." She said angrily. "Lexa came by here four hours ago looking for you. Which is strange because you told me you'd be with her all day." She then turned her gaze on me. "Who are you?"

"I'm Woo Bin. Woo Bin Kim." I said politely.

"Mom I can explain. Lets go in the house." Arielle was saying as she attempted to open the car door but her mom wouldn't budge.

"You come inside too." She said pointing at me before turning around and walking to the house.

"I'm so sorry. I can't believe this is happening." She said.

"It's ok. Lets just go in before she comes back out and gets even angrier."

We walked into her house and her mom was sitting on the couch. Me and Arie stood side by side waiting for the verdict of what her mom had to say. Arie was fidgiting nervously beside me and I wanted to reach out and take her hand but I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do in this situation.
"Where were you all day today?" Her mom asked. "With this guy?"
Arie shook her head. "I was.." Before she could finish her mom yelled. "Don't lie to me. You weren't with Alexa and he brings you home this late. You've been coming home late for almost two weeks now." She continued.
"Mom calm down!"
"No I will not calm down. Not when my daughter is out with random guys at all times of the night. Wait until your dad hear's about this. Are you having sex?"

I stood there akwardly at a loss of what to say to that while Arie gasped.

"How old are you?" She asked pinning me with her glare. I seriously considered lying. I knew she wouldn't like the truth. But it would be better to be honset. So in the end I went with the truth. "I'm twenty five."

"Mom stop. Just stop. I'm not having sex with him. I got a job ok! That's why I've been late every night. I come from work. Woo Bin owns half of the coffee shop I work in." Arie shouted at her mom.

"So he's your boss? Yet he brings you home and those don't look like working clothes." She said gesturing to us.

Arie rolled her eyes and groaned. "Mom just let him leave and we can talk about this. You're embarrassing me." She pleaded.

"Uh uh. No. I want answers. I want to know what going on between you to."

I don't know if Arie wanted her mom to know about us but I wasn't going to lie. I'm quickly falling in love with her and I don't want to hide that fact. I reached out and grasped her hand in mine. I wasn't sure what her reaction would be but when she squeezed my hand and held on tight a weight on my heart was lifted. She didn't want to hide us, whatever we were, she wanted to fight for us.

"I respect you're daughter. She's smart, nice, kind, and beautiful. Yes I'm interested in her and we went out to dinner tonight. But that's it." I said sincerely to her mother. But she just looked at me disgustedly. "You should leave." She said. "Get out of my house."

I looked at Arie. "Go. I'll call you later." She leaned up and kissed me lightly on the lips. "It'll be ok." She said. I squeezed her hand once more before walking out of the house.

As soon as I got into my car I started texting my friends. I needed a drink and there company. Tonight had gone perfectly until the last few minutes of it.