Chapter 2 - One Thing

Chapter 2 – One Thing

I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you I can't ever be brave 'cause you make my heart race… I'm going out of my mind all day and all night.

** EMMA’s POV **

Arg!

Was it too much for me to wish for a new start? A new life? A normal life? Away from… from… him! Was that too much to ask?

Of all the universities all over the universe, why here? Why in the same university as mine?

Oh, god, why?

What did I do to deserve this punishment?

I’d been a good daughter. I’d been a good student. I’d been a good person. I’d been good, all the time. So I couldn’t understand why was this happening to me.

What did I do to have such bad luck?

Arg!

“That’s probably your tenth groan ever since we came back here at the dorm, Emma. You’ve been mumbling incoherent words after the concert. You’re making me worried here, you know?”

I was lying at my bed looking down and helpless as ever. I was starring at the ceiling a while ago, busy thinking why was this happening to me until Bonnie called my attention.

This is college. I’m supposed to be having fun. Having the time of my life! Not looking gloomy as ever.

I turned to look at her. She was sitting at her bed and looking at me with her left brow raise. I didn’t mean it but I found myself groaning instead of answering her question.

Bonnie stood up and walked towards my side. She sat at my bed. “Okay missy. You‘ve got to tell me what’s wrong. If I hear another groan from you, I’m going to choke those words out of your mouth!” Bonnie threatened.

I bit my lip and frowned. I wasn’t sure if I should tell her my story. It’s kind of too personal, and a bit embarrassing. We haven’t established that kind of friendship yet for me to disclose that information. Besides, I don’t know how she will react to that.  

“Oh my god!” Bonnie said with widened eyes.

“What? Why? What happened?” I asked in a rush, my eyes as wide as hers.

“You’ve got the fever.” She said with a wide grin.

“Fever?” I asked. I didn’t feel feverish. I touched my forehead for assurance, and true enough, my temperature was at the normal range.

“Yeah. You’re getting flustered. You’re sighing because you’re in love with one of them!” I was about to protest but there’s no stopping Bonnie from talking. She was too fast! “So, who is it? Is it Niall? The way he’s rocking that guitar solo a while ago is so mind blowing. Is it Zayn? The way he hits those high notes are so so awesome. Or is it Liam?”

Her tone suddenly changed when she said Liam’s name, and surprisingly there was a pause. What was that all about? I was about to say something but then Bonnie’s mouth was at a speed of a lightning again preventing me to even utter a single word, or even an alphabet!

“Is it Liam? The way he makes your heart thump in every pluck of his bass? Or is it Harry? The way his voice could make your heart melt. Or is it Louis? The way he could make your knees weak with every beat of his drums.” Then there was a pause, as if realization hit her. “Oh… my… god! I saw your eyes twitch!” Bonnie shrieked in excitement.

“You saw me wh---“

“You twitched. Twitching is a definite sign that you’re busted! So it’s either Harry or Louis! God I wasn’t sure when did that happen! Screw me and my fast-talking skills! But I’m pretty sure that it’s either Harry or Louis!”