Chapter 12 - Irresistible (Part 1)

Chapter 12 – Irresistible (Part 1)

I've tried to ask myself, should I see someone else? I wish I knew the answer... And it's in all the things and other things that make you who you are and your eyes... irresistible.

** EMMA's POV **

"All done." Harry beamed at me as he finished covering up my wound.

"Thanks." I said and returned his smile.

"Not a good start for your first day, huh." Harry said with a laugh. "I was thinking of teaching you how to bake today but I guess it's a bad idea for now."

"My other hand looks fine to me." I told him, he just shook his head sideways and chuckled.

"You can't whisk and knead dough with one hand, Emma." He told me. "I'll teach you some other time." He finished his speech with a smile.

The kind of Harry's smile that you couldn't help but smile as well.

"So, I'll walk you back to the Uni?" He suddenly suggested as we stood up.

"What? But I haven't got the chance to—"

"You're injured, Emma." Harry pointed out.

I laughed at his sudden change of tone to concern. "Harry, it's nothing. It's not even a hospital-visit-worthy kind of injury. Besides, I'm supposed to learn how to man the cash registry, right? The sooner the better."

"You mean Louis didn't teach you how to do that?" Harry asked with a frown.

I bit my lip to this question. I was debating with myself whether I should tell Harry the truth or lie straight to his face.

"He's being hard on you, isn't he?" My silence probably gave Harry the wrong idea. I was about to answer but then Harry was quick to cut off my upcoming protest. "Pardon Louis' attitude. He's really like that. He barely talks to women. He only talks to them when necessary, or if he wants to. So, I guess I'll be the one to teach you then, huh."

And he talks to them when he wants to make fun of them. I added in my thought.

"Let's go." Harry urged me to come with him, and follow him I did.

When I walked out of the kitchen, my eyes landed to Tomlinson who's busy preparing his latte art.

Harry made our presence known, which made Tommo looked at our direction. Harry walked towards him but I stayed rooted to where I was currently standing. It's like I was unable to walk towards him. His eyes travelled to Harry first before he looked at me and then his attention travelled to my injured hand, as if he's asking how was it. I raised it and somehow gave him a gesture that it's already fixed. He replied with a nod before he turned his focus back to what he'd been doing.

What just happened? It's like we had a telepathic communication or something.

I was out of my reverie when Harry suddenly called me out. I walked towards him and with that, the lesson for managing the counter started.

* * * * * *

I was a fast learner, that's for sure. I was able to manage the counter in a day. Well, it's not that difficult and it's not rocket science either. It's easy as ABC. Also, thanks for Harry's eagerness and patience to answer all of my questions, from the prices of each pastries and coffees up to the promos and bagel days, I was able to learn everything in a day.

So today is half-day Friday. Harry explained yesterday that the shop would close at around four in the afternoon to make room for their preparation for the gig at night.