Chapter 11.5 - Spaces (Part 2)

Chapter dedicated to foreverella for her awesome comment! Thanks dear. That's brilliant!

Chapter 11 - Spaces (Part 2)

Ooh spaces between us keep getting deeper, it's harder to reach ya even though I try. Spaces between us hold all our secrets, leaving us speechless and I don't know why... who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

** EMMA's POV **

I took two calming breaths and closed my eyes.

Please be back as soon as possible.

I silently wished.

I opened my eyes and turned around to face Tomlinson.

"Listen here." I started. "I want to make my stay here as peaceful as possible, meaning... we don't interact at all. Don't talk to me. Don't come near me. Don't start a conversation. Don't you dare pull a prank on me or something. Just... just stay away from me as far as possible. Understood?" I told him in a stern tone.

He was silent for a second. He was just staring at me with his eyes narrowed.

"So, where did your speech about being nice go? I thought that being nice is good, huh?" He bit out. It wasn't a question. It's more of a criticism. He walked towards my direction and locked eyes with mine. "Did you know the general rule in this world? We should practice what we preach." He finished his statement with a smirk, but this smirk was different from his usual.

This wasn't the arrogant type or the sly one. The way the corner of his mouth slowly moves upward to meet his cold looking eyes, sent shivers down my spine.

He didn't wait for my response; he immediately turned around and walked towards the direction of the kitchen.

This gesture gave me a total shock.

What was that? What happened?

Where's the protest? Where's the fight? Where are the mockeries and sassy comebacks?

Well, I didn't expect this response from him. I know, at first, this was what I wanted, for him to leave me alone and not fight me with this.

But then, why is it that when I finally have it, I feel like I don't like this at all. Why is it that I expect him to be his usual annoying self and fight with me? Mock me, tease me, and infuriate me.

Did I go overboard?

I tried to review the things that I told him. What I said and my manner of saying it. It's the usual. But why he reacted differently?

I tried to shake off the wonder in my thought and just concentrated on my work. I walked behind the counter and man the cash registry.

Make yourself busy, Emma. I said to myself.

There weren't too much people inside the shop because most of the classes were not yet over. Harry was just probably too concern to leave Tomlinson all by himself that's why he asked me to start now.

I examined the cash registry and I realized that I didn't have any idea how this thing works. Tomlinson was supposed to teach me how to operate this complicated looking machine. But that's impossible now because we're kind of in the not speaking terms because of my stuck-up behavior.

Oh great. Now I have to improvise.

Tomlinson came back with a blank facial expression. His hair was pushed back and he's now wearing a headband. He walked pass me as if I wasn't in the room. He went straight to the espresso machine and changed the filter.