Chapter 5 - She's Not Afraid

She's not afraid of all the attention...She's not afraid of scary movies... but she's so afraid of falling in love.

** EMMA's POV *

"Under the lights tonight you turned around, and you stole my heart with just one look, when I saw your face I fell in love it took a minute girl, to steal my heart tonight. With just one look, yeah, been waiting for a girl like you." And then he finished with a wink.

My jaw dropped on the floor.

"Oh my god! Harry winked at me! Harry winked at me!" The girl at my back cried.

Well, directed to me or not, my heart literally jumped out of my chest after he did that.

It was as if... as if he was trying to steal my heart.

But then I immediately dismissed the idea.

It's just a song, Emma. I reminded myself.

I had nothing against their songs. In fact, it's all good. You could actually feel the intensity and meaning behind it.

Now I get it why Bonnie and the others had been fangirling over these guys. They could actually let the meaning of their songs sink in to their listeners. They could affect their emotions, and surprisingly you could somehow feel that that song was for you.

They are, without a doubt, good.

I looked around and examined the people gathered around the grounds. They're all singing along with them. Some were screaming and dancing, and some were just staring at them with awe. I wondered how many more concerts should I go to before I could be like them?

This was my second time-well technically this was my real first. I wasn't paying attention when I first got here. I was busy panicking the moment I saw Tomlinson at that stage and the reality that he's in the same university as mine was enough to make me not really pay attention to any of their songs that night.

But I wouldn't do that tonight. This time, I intend to hear the rest of it. The song was very catchy and really...

I was busy with my train of thoughts when all of a sudden my eyes coincidentally landed to Tomlinson who's fervently beating the drums. His hair was ruffled and glistening, probably from sweat. His eyes were squinted in concentration. His chin was tilted up and he was biting his lower lip.

As I stared at him, my heart suddenly quickened its beat and the air was stuck in my throat.

Under the lights tonight you turned around, and you stole my heart with just one look, when I saw your face I fell in love it took a minute girl, to steal my heart tonight.

...really spot on.

I shook my head and diverted my attention away from him.

What is wrong with me? Why do I always feel that way whenever I'm looking at him? This is not good. The song has really gotten into my brain. It's like hypnotizing me.

As soon as the song ended, I immediately dragged Bonnie out of the grounds in case she thought of requesting for another song and getting my mind in trouble.

"Bonnie let's go." I told her.

"Jeez Emma, what's with the rush?" Bonnie said with a laugh.

"Uhm... Hey." I heard Harry's voice over the microphone. We're only few feet away from the exit but then I wasn't sure why I turned around and face him. His line of vision was pointing at our way and then he smiled. "Thank you for coming."