True love |chapter 23 - Cassie

Our eyes lock and I can feel a thousand butterflies moving in my stomach. Didn't realise how much I've missed him. I could swim in his eyes for the whole day and I wouldn't get bored. I need him now. I need him more than anything. I want him to hold me tight. I want to feel his warm breath on my face. I want to feel his lips on mine. I want him. I need him.

"Cass, you okay? How do you feel?" He says stressfully as he cups my cheeks.

I nod. "I'm alright."

"Rafe, I-" I try to mumble but my tongue doesn't attempt to move.

"Cass, I will explain it all to you. I have a live proof, I-" I pull him close and kiss him like I never did before. His lips feel so soft and warm. I enjoy every second of it.

Rafe opens his eyes and looks at me; his lips still on mine.

"I know it's not your fault. I know what happened and I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you said it. It's just when I received that picture, I couldn't imagine what logical reason it would have had." I mumble in a sad voice.

I feel horrible for not believing him. I should've trusted him.

"Shh.. its okay, I got you. You're with me now, that's all that matters." he says as he pulls me tight and hugs me. I cuddle him like I haven't seen him in years. I feel so comforted, so safe around him.

"Let's get out of here, shall we?" he smirks.

"Then I'll tell Sarah to not wait up for me." Rafe rolls his eyes but I ignore it and go upstairs.

Sarah grabs a couple of her clothes, and we all leave together.

"Get in, we'll drop you off." Rafe says carelessly.

"I've got my bike."

"See you Sarah." I give her a hug and we leave.

"Now that it's the two of us, would you wanna use the bike instead?" he smirks.

"Would love that." I smile.

.       .        .  

Here I am, riding on a bike with Rafe. I'm hugging him from behind so I don't fall. It's actually not that scary if you hold on tight. That was a lie... I am still a little frightened I'll fall.

The friction of wind blows my hair back and I feel all kind of emotions. The warmness of the sun, the crazy wind, and mostly love. I get brave and open my hands, raising them as high as I can. Rafe notices what I'm doing and decides to speed up the motor.

"Oh my god." I end up screaming and quickly hold him tight again. Seeing how scared I got, he starts chuckling. Asshole.

"Go slow, go slow, RAFE!"

"I'm not even on a high speed." He says while laughing uncontrollably.

Seeing how stupid I look being scared of the middle speed, I decide to get brave enough to raise my hands again.

"Thats my girl." Rafe smirks, as he notices my position.

"WOOOO" We both scream out as the strong wind hits our helms.

This right second, the only thing I think about is us. Rafe and Me. Me and Rafe. I don't care about anything else in the world right now; the thoughts just flush away. In this moment, I realise, I found my person. The person I wish to always have by my side. The person who gives the tightest hugs and the warmest kisses. The person who truly loves me and would do anything for me. I fell in love with him. I fell in love with Rafe Cameron. And maybe all of this is wrong, but we all make mistakes; and he is my best mistake.

.        .       .  

Rafe stops the bike and we take off our helmets.

"I know how much we both love this place." his smile is so pure, I sometimes don't understand all the things Pogues told me about him. The Rafe I've got to know, is nothing like the guy they told me about. He's caring and loving. It feels like two different people.

We walk to the beach as the wind blows. Getting close to the sea, we decide to sit right across it. "Wow." I say, watching the sunset. "The sunsets never fail to amaze me." Rafe holds my hand and smiles purely. I lean on his shoulder and he pulls me close to him, kissing the top of my head as we watch the sunset together.

 I lean on his shoulder and he pulls me close to him, kissing the top of my head as we watch the sunset together

"I love you." He says as he tucks my hair behind my ear. After, he leans in for a kiss and I give him the warmest one.

"Hey, Rafe?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we will last, or break up in a stupid fight?" I look at him.

"What kind of question is this?" he smirks at me.

"I don't know. Sometimes I think what if we've never met? What if we went on different paths and loved other people. And what if life makes us go different ways?"

He gently moves his finger along my cheek and cups them in his hands. He then moves his fingers along my lips and goes; "Well, I don't know about you, but I plan to be with you until forever ends." And kisses me so gently, I feel the butterflies transform into fireworks in a magical way.

.         .        .

As we drove back to Rafe's, the strongest rain poured all over the OBX. Our clothes are hella soggy and so are we.

"You sure no one's home?" I ask as I take of my helmet.

"Yeah. I'm sure." he shoves his phone on his pocket and turns off the bike.

We enter the house and Rafe grabs me. He takes me upstairs and straight towards the balcony on the second floor. He gets close, our lips barely away from each other.

"Can we make out in the rain?" he smirks. The rain is drenching from his wet hair, down his face, but he doesn't seem to care. I look at him and smile. He pulls me close and kisses my lips. The warmness of his breath is the only thing keeping me warm right now. I cup his cheeks and kiss him slow. So slow, like I don't want it to end. Cause I really don't. I am enjoying every second of Rafe's heavy hands on my back and his soft skin touching mine. I kiss him with love, with passion. I want him to know how much I love him. I want him to feel it.

"Are you cold?" He pulls away slowly, though I can still feel his warm breath on my face

"No, it's fine."

"But you're shivering. I don't want you getting sick." he says as he rubs my back, trying to get it somehow warmer.

"Let's get you inside." He says and takes me straight to his room.