Chapter 19

Somewhere Someday

(Chapter 19 – A Box of Surprises)

January 2013

Another two months have passed. Christmas and New Year’s Eve have ended. Waiting patiently for Alfred to come back, Hanna spends most of her days in the hospital for treatment. But she is still studying. It is second semester and prelim exams are fast approaching.

“So what are we going to talk about?” While getting books from her locker, Hanna speaks to Bryan, as the guy visits her in school.

“Hanna, I’m really sorry… for… fighting with Alfred and JC. It’s my fault. I know they’re very important to you.” Bryan apologizes while he constantly moves the bridge of his eyeglasses.

“It’s so nice of you to apologize, but why not talk to them?” The young lady smiles as they walk on the hallway.

“The reality is… I’m a very, very shy person. Sometimes, I get arrogant and say things which I don’t mean, just to cover up my being timid. Defense mechanism.” Bryan’s eyes get droopy as Hanna looks into them, making the guy a sincere person.

“You’re very honest, Bryan. I admire you for that.” Hanna smiles, making her forgive the guy.

“So… that means… I’m forgiven?” The guy smiles bashfully as he bows his head.

“Yes, just promise me that you won’t get hot-headed again.” The young lady touches the guy’s upper arm.

“Sure. Thanks!” Hanna gets surprised as Bryan suddenly hugs her. Unexpected, she moves her face away from his shoulder.

“I really like you Hanna. But don’t misinterpret. I like us being friends.” Bryan says while he is hugging the young lady.

“Thanks for the thought. By the way… I need to go.” Hanna smiles as she shows her appreciation to the guy’s kind gestures.

“Oh, sorry. I might be distracting you. Bye! See you again, beautiful.” The guy winks at her, flashing a sweet smile while Hanna picks up her bag and walks away.

**********************

“Hey, Lloyd! Let’s…” Trixie excitedly calls her boyfriend for some coffee. Entering the gym dugout without notice, she sees the happy boy in his jersey uniform, fresh from a strenuous basketball practice.

To her surprise, she finds Lloyd in a bench together with Bea, as they both giggle and laugh while the freshie girl shares her camera with the boy.

“Nice shots. You’re really a great photographer.” Lloyd is amazed with her photos, his fingers continually pressing the camera buttons to see more of them.