Chapter 13

Somewhere Someday

(Chapter 13 – To Forgive and Forget)

October 2012

 “Wow! Is this for real?! Y-your house… it’s a palace!” Gripping the string of his backpack, Lloyd turns around as he fascinates himself with the interiors of the Martinez residence. The boy hasn’t seen any of these luxuries since birth. He has only known it from books and other magazines. 

The project partners decide to finish their work in Trixie’s place, for there will be unlimited Internet connection and research materials available. They only have a week left to prepare for their final presentation. This wouldn’t be a problem for Lloyd for the girl’s ex-boyfriend will not see them doing their task together.

“Welcome to our mansion!” Trixie smiles as she extends her arms to creatively present their luxurious place. Lloyd’s eyes are still in great wonder as he finds the house too sublime for his senses.

“I don’t know if I can stay in this grand mansion.” The boy says to himself as his feet feels the soft red carpet. Trixie laughs and holds Lloyd’s right arm.

“Sorry if I’m intimidating you, but hey, just think of our place as a simple and humble house. C’mon! Make yourself feel welcome… ‘cause you are.” The pretty chick tries to lessen the boy’s inner pressure.

“S-sure. Thanks.” The boy bows his head down.

“Look at me.” Trixie holds the young man’s chin and raises it upward. She sees the boy’s round and innocent eyes.“Fear not. My ex isn’t around, and he will not know that you’re here.”

“You knew?” Lloyd is shocked for Trixie knows about his reason all along… the reason why he has been avoiding her for months.

“The moment I saw you walk differently, I already knew that it was my ex who did that to you.” Trixie explains, analyzing the past situation. “He always beats guys who try to approach me. If you’ll notice, no one talks to me. But you’re different. You always bug and bother me.” She reveals a bit of information about her past relationship with her ex.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Lloyd is startled, receiving a reply from the girl. “I’m sorry. I must admit… I’m entertained with your personality.” She smiles as she makes a surprising offer.

“To make it up to you, I’ll play along. Secret friends.”

With Trixie revealing her offer to be secretly friends with the boy, Lloyd’s sweat glands start to activate as a sudden thrill makes his heart pound.

“Did I hear it right? Friends? You want to be friends with me?” The boy can’t believe what the girl has just said.

“You don’t want? Okay, I’ll take it back.” Trixie intimidates him a bit to which he quickly responds “No, I want us to be friends!”. Lloyd smiles as the girl laughs at his actions. They decide to go on with their project as the chick leads him to the main elevator.