10. ASLANS HOW

-ˋˏ *.·:· CHAPTER TEN ·:·.* ˎˊ-
— ASLANS HOW —

* ˎˊ-— ASLANS HOW —

2306 | NARNIA — Everyone stopped, right on the edge of the dense forest path, which was decorated with oaks, beeches and firs

2306 | NARNIA — Everyone stopped, right on the edge of the dense forest path, which was decorated with oaks, beeches and firs. Directly under the warm midday sun was the holy place of Aslan the Lion. A huge fortress that resembled a mountain. Star was amazed every time, how big and exciting everything looked. And although the magic was long gone, the Narnians had now hope that it would return soon.

The centaurs were the very first to feel a change. They recognized the new constellations that appeared in the dark of night, the extraordinary sheen of silver that the twinkling stars possessed. Every morning and evening the believers sang and prayed to the deceased saints of Narnia, asking that their prayers be heard and answered...

The group continued to walk through the tall grass, but shortly afterwards they lingered once more directly in front of the entrance when they spotted the centaurs in a lined up position. Each and every one of them proudly held up a sword to greet the kings and queens of the old.

Edmund was standing on the far left, Susan next to him, Caspian in the middle and then Peter and Lucy followed. And Star? She stood in the background and just watched, as always. A mixture of envy and admiration was hidden in her gaze, but she saw something similar in Caspian as well.

The Pevensies stepped forward, heads held high, but the rest of the Narnians let them go first. Only when Caspian felt a warm hand on his upper arm did he seem to want to walk on. The worry on his face evaporated as soon as he found her encouraging smile. Then he sweetly gave Star his arm so she could hook herself in and only then did they start walking together.

The two didn't belong with the kings and queens of Narnia, and that was perfectly fine, because they had each other. And that would always be enough.

Outside it was bright and sunny, peaceful and quiet and teeming with bright colors. Inside it was gloomy, cold and the only lighting was the torches that hung on the stone walls. In addition, it was incredibly noisy during the day because there was a forge there. "I know it may not be what you are used to. But it is defendable." Said Caspian to Peter, as he looked around curiously in the underground stone fortress. But before he could even answer, Susan called him over from the top of the stairs. "Peter, you may want to see this."