07. GHOSTS IN THE WOODS

-ˋˏ *.·:·  CHAPTER SEVEN ·:·.* ˎˊ-
— GHOSTS IN THE WOODS —

* ˎˊ-— GHOSTS IN THE WOODS —

2306 | NARNIA — The time in the unknown woods became more and more bearable for Caspian and Star, less frightening

2306 | NARNIA — The time in the unknown woods became more and more bearable for Caspian and Star, less frightening. Both were able to convince the Narnians that they were useful for something, even though it had initially taken a while. Caspian was able to prove his talent as a leader, while Star impressed with her knowledge.

In no time she was able to draw maps, outlines and strategic plans to help get an overview of Telmar and the castle. She wasn't too good of a fighter yet, but it turned out that the girl had a knack for medicine and explosives. She was able to build various bombs that could be used to create distraction and maybe even some chaos. And when there were injured, she knew exactly what she needed to take care of their wounds.

However, she finally felt that she wasn't as useless as she thought she was. It was a nice feeling. Sometimes she even began to believe that she preferred Narnia to Telmar.

The nightmares haunted her every now and then, but in fact Star wasn't the only one with strange dreams in Narnia.

Caspian dreamed of a big ship with purple sails that would carry him to the end of the world – he was no longer a prince, no obligations and could stand carefree at the wheel while Star held on to the railing and marveled at the blue sea. She would wave to the mermaids in the water with a happy smile, watch the flying birds and assign a strange shape to every cloud in the sky, as if they were star constellations. The salty ocean breeze would swirl her black hair and the brilliant sun would wrap her in a golden glow. But Caspian wouldn't budge, wouldn't stop admiring her. And when she was cold, he would put his warm jacket around her shoulders, gently pull her close because her cheeks had the familiar pink dust and then laugh with her about how big the jacket looked on her.

But some days, he found himself on a battlefield. The air smelled awful, of rusty metal and the grass was soaked in a dirty red color. Everywhere he looked were lifeless bodies in puddles of blood, and he was all alone.

Star's dreams weren't exactly any better. Sometimes she dreamed of her meadow, Caspian would pick the most beautiful flowers and whisper the most sweetest things in her ear that were only meant for her. She would read to him from a book because he had begged her to, only to stare at her all the time because she looked so intrigued and happy. If he accidentally fell asleep, she would smack the book on his head for missing the end. With a jerk he would instantly wake up and in the next moment he would hear her laughing because she had claimed he had been talking in his sleep. And then he would hold her in his arms and tickle her until she admitted it wasn't true – those were the best dreams she could have.