05. WRITTEN IN THE STARS

-ˋˏ *.·:·  CHAPTER FIVE ·:·.* ˎˊ-
— WRITTEN IN THE STARS —

* ˎˊ-— WRITTEN IN THE STARS —

2306 | NARNIA — The sun had already set and now the cold darkness covered itself like a curtain over the eerie forest

2306 | NARNIA — The sun had already set and now the cold darkness covered itself like a curtain over the eerie forest. Now it didn't really seem as fairytale-like as she remembered it a few hours ago. Star was grateful that at least the faint lanterns and the silver stars in the night sky did not disappoint her and gave her some light. She wasn't a little child anymore, but the fear of the dark never really wanted to leave her alone...

All of the Narnians had gathered in the middle of the forest to listen to Prince Caspian and Star. After all, they were all summoned by the light. To be precise, they were at one of the many altars of the Holy Sun-Summoner. In the middle of the gray stone floor was a huge symbol of the sun, carved in honor of Sankta Alina. And here and there, there were stone benches where the believers could pray. Small lights were also placed so that no one had to be afraid of the dark – so that no one would ever lose hope. Everyone who was looking for peace or a light was allowed to stay here.

"KILL THEM!" Shouted an angry voice belonging to one of the centaurs. "THEY'RE  TELMARINES!" The Narnians were furious and the whole crows shouted – fauns, dwarves, minotaurs, centaurs, talking animals. "THE TWO ARE LIARS!" Caspian had never felt so excluded, helpless and abandoned as he was now, but Star felt almost always like that. "MURDERERS!"

"All this horn proves is that they've stolen yet another thing from us." Nikabrik shouted and pointed to Star and Cas who were standing in the middle, surrounded by everyone else. „We didn't steal anything!"  The two protested and turned to the dwarf, disappointed.  "Didn't steal anything?" Shouted a minotaur. "Shall we list the things the telmarine have taken?"

"OUR HOMES!" Called a female centaur, sword in hand. "OUR LAND!" roared a minotaur. "OUR WARRIORS!" Cried a dark dwarf. "OUR FREEDOM!" croaked a faun.  "OUR LIVES!"

"You want to hold us accountable for all the crimes of our people?" Asked Caspian incredulously. "Accountable." Nikabrik nodded firmly and moved forward. "They should be punished for that!" He said when Caspian instinctively pushed Star behind him.