09. NEW CHANCES

-ˋˏ *.·:·  CHAPTER NINE ·:·.* ˎˊ-
— NEW CHANCES —

* ˎˊ-— NEW CHANCES —

2306 | NARNIA — As little children, both Caspian and Star were fascinated by the old and forbidden tales of the golden age

2306 | NARNIA — As little children, both Caspian and Star were fascinated by the old and forbidden tales of the golden age. The stories about the four siblings who stumbled out of a wardrobe, the evil white witch and of course the sun saint who wore the lions bones, to make the eternal winter fade. It was one of the many things they shared. But never, would you have believed that all of these stories were actually true ...

The kings and queens were real. And they had returned. But where were Aslan the lion and Sankta Alina, the sun summoner? Each and every one of them was believed to have died, killed for their beliefs. But were they really though?

Just all too often Star had made fun of how ridiculous and silly all of these fairy tales about the golden age sounded. But still, Caspian had to promise her solemnly never to ever betray her for a few sweets. And of course he had never broken his promise.

But now with the kings and queens standing before her, she had so many questions.

One step in front of the other, but Star's eyes always stayed with Cas, who walked next to Peter and led the troop. He probably had long since forgotten her, but Star was just glad that Caspian didn't lose hope.

It was only when she felt a gentle tug on her green jacket that she withdrew from her thoughts. It was Queen Lucy who suddenly walked beside her. "Again, I'm really sorry about earlier." She apologized with a sincere look. "I just thought..." You thought I was the Sun summoner, I know. "I thought maybe we could still be friends anyway. I'd love to get to know you better." She smiled, her eyes glimmering with hope.

Star would be lying if she said she wasn't secretly excited when the youngest queen made her the kind offer. After all, she didn't have a single friend, except for Cas.

Lucy leaned over to Star a little before whispering something to her: "I promise I'm way more funnier than my brother." In any case, she was a lot more open than her brother. "So he's always that serious?" Star shot back with a grin. "Not always, but often. He's very protective when it comes to Narnia. But deep down he's secretly a teddy bear. Big softie, you know?" Lucy replied before the other, younger brother joined them and appeared next to Star.