02. A SEARING LIGHT

-ˋˏ *.·:·  CHAPTER TWO ·:·.* ˎˊ-
— A SEARING LIGHT  —

* ˎˊ-—  A SEARING LIGHT  —

2306 | NARNIA — After several minutes of laying on the forest floor, Caspian was the first of the two to gain his consciousness back and finally sat up

2306 | NARNIA — After several minutes of laying on the forest floor, Caspian was the first of the two to gain his consciousness back and finally sat up. Very gently, he held her head carefully in his hands, caressing her cheek, hoping that she would open her eyes as well. "Star, please wake up." His voice was almost a whisper, but in the silence of the forest you could hear him perfectly. "Come on, I still need you." he pleaded with her.

He was starting to worry, almost panicking, but luckily he noticed shortly afterwards how she slowly fluttered her eyes and looked up at him. "Ouch, that hurt a lot." She mumbled tiredly, before giving him a weak smile, when she noticed how the concern for her disappeared from his face. "I thought princes, were supposed to good in riding a horse." she joked, as Caspian smiled back warmly and finally exhaled with sigh of relief. He was just glad, that she was with him.

He held out his hands for her and carefully helped her up to stand on her feet. Then he paused when he saw her face, still not letting go of her hands. There was a small, bloody cut on her forehead and lower lip, he presumed she had accidentally bitten her lip when she fell. His right hand went to her dark hair though, as he removed a few small branches and leaves. But in reality, he wanted to pull her tightly into his arms. But he didn't, instead Star turned away from him a bit ashamed and wiped the dirt and wrinkles off of her clothes.

The prince stopped his gazing, and instead tried to focus his attention on the surroundings. They've never been, that far away from home, or at least never completely alone. The two figured that the best idea at the moment was to look for some kind of glade where they could stay low for a while. The girl was just about to take her compass out of her pocket, but all of the sudden she saw a tree open before her eyes. Star thought she must have hit her head too hard after falling off of that horse when two dwarfs came out of this strange tree shortly afterwards.

She swallowed a little air and then turned to Caspian, who was staring at the exact same spot as Star. So either it all really was happening, or the two of them had gone mad, she thought. What if we're dead?

Out of instinct Star picked up one of the daggers, that were sagely secured on her thigh, but hesitated. "THEY'VE SEEN US!" Shouted one of the dwarfs and pointed to Cas and Star. Her eyes widened in fear when she realized that the Telmarine soldiers were also nearby because of the clatter of the hooves. The other dwarf drew his sword and ran towards Star and Cas, while the other ran towards the soldiers.

Before he could reach them, however, the girl pulled something out of her belt and unwrapped it, immediately she recognized that it was the alleged horn of High Queen Susan from the Golden Age. So the stories were true, she thought. Or at least part of it. "NO, DON'T DO THAT!" Shouted the dwarf in front of them, but Caspian stood between him and Star to protect her. His right hand tightly held the sword, the other held Star's hand. She took a deep breath and blew as hard as she could, while intertwining their hands. Hold my hand when you're scared, Cas always told her, when they were younger.

The horn rang so loudly throughout the forest that one had to wince. Only in greatest need, she remembered the words of her father. This must count as the greatest need.

It did not take long, however, because shortly afterwards a blinding searing white light followed, that stretched over the whole forest and up to the dark night sky. Pain shot trough Stars body. And the world went white. A kind of strong force or wind within the light caused the dwarf to fly back several meters in front of them, but Cas and Star were taken back into the darkness by the bright light...