Ulfat 🎀 - 4

Laying on her bed with a diary in hand. Inaya was going through its pages as unshed tears gathered in her eyes. She clutched the diary to her heart ,missing its owner in her heart . It was her mothers diary in which she had written about all her happiest memories up untill the day she died .
The day of her decease was the same day Inaya came into this world . Inaya knew that it wasn't her fault that her mother died but deep inside her heart she still felt guilty ,she blamed herself for her mothers death .
She had read a few pages of the diary just because she was missing her mother too much today , just as she was about to read more, her brother oppened her bedroom door after several knocks which she must not have heard as she was so lost in her thoughts .
She immediately hid the diary behind her pillow and wiped away the stray tears that had leaked from her cheeks.
She sat straight up and looked at her eldest brother , Fasih standing at her door with a small smile.
Inaya told her brother to come in and gave him a small smile which fasih couldn't reciprocate.His smile changed into a worried expression seeing Inaya's puffy eyes .
He knew exactly what must have transpired to make her cry like that .
He with slow steps came towards her as he sat besides her on the bed and consoled her in his soothing voice.
"Nayaa...... why were you crying bacha .You know none of us like to see you cry .heck not even mamaa would want you to cry over her like that .She loved you way too much to see you shed tears like that ".

His soothing voice was all it took for her to break down .She just couldnt help but sob in Fasih's protective embrace .

"Then why did she leave bhai? If she loved me soo much ,why did she leave ?.....I miss her so much ..... I just want her to be here . With me,with all of us . "

Inaya complained to him , her eyes continuously shedding uncontrollable tears of agony

"Shhhhh.......its okay nayaa stop crying ,you know she would've wanted to see all of us happy .you need to stay strong for her and for you .She'd be so proud of the person you've become . You're the most perfect daughter and sister one could ever ask for .........."
He tried to pacify her. He was really bad at comforting people but for his sister he would try his best to make her smile . Inayas sobbing had also minimized to little whimpers by then .
"Sachi "
Inaya whispered, still unsure of herself .
"Bilkul sachi . You're the best thing that could've ever happened to our family "
He said brightly as he saw a small smile creep up on Inaya's face .
"Now stop crying and go to sleep ...you dont want to attend your graduation with puffy eyes , looking like a ghost tomorrow right ? "

Fasih completed his sentence wirh a teasing smile . He just wanted to divert her mind from all sad thoughts and it seemed like his plan had worked perfectly as he saw Inaya wiping away her tears quickly , shaking her head continuously with a pot forming on her lips . she was looking adorable as ever.
Fasih chuckled a bit at her reaction before kissing her forehead affectionately and gave her one last hug and made sure she would be alright before leaving her room.

Inaya laid back on her bed thinking about her mother .she looked just like her mother , she aspired to become just like her mother . she smiled at the thought and closed her eyes before falling into a deep slumber.
It was their mothers death anniversary today which also happens to be Inayas Birthday . Hina malik , her mother was an extraordinary woman .She was kind ,beautiful, loving but above all , she was strong . She was the strongest , most bravest woman Inaya had known about.
Hina malik had been diagnosed with bronchial cancer when her brother , Fasih was just 5 years old and Ayaan was a little over 2 years old .
It was a great shock for the couple but they decided to stay strong and fight against every odd to live there happily ever after .
However ,the universe had other plans for them and even after many treatments and different appointments with the best doctors of the state ,her cancer only spread more and more and her health started deteriorating . It was very difficult for Aftaab malik to see the love of his life suffering so much from the constant treatments , but he never lost hope for her recovery.
it was only some months later that the doctors informed them that the treatments had lost there effect on her body and there was nothing they could do about it . Aftaab malik was devastated by the news but Hina malik after some time came to terms with the fact that her cancer had become incurable and she wouldn't be able to survive much longer .
She new she was going to die soon ,she just wanted to spend the remaining of her days with her family at home without further treatments but still had her monthly checkups and that is when she found out that she was in fact 3 weeks pregnant and was expecting a little baby girl.she was overjoyed by the fact that she was going to have a little girl . the doctor had told her that the cancer wouldn't effect the growing fetus but could cause some health issued to the mother . Everyone was beyond happy hearing about the new addition to their family however Aftaab mik was bit hesistant about the whole thing .He was worried about his wife carrying a baby in her womb when she herself was fightning against such a scourge illness, but he too gave in soon due to his wife's constant persistence and the love he had for his unborn baby . never had he ever been so thankful to his late wife for giving him such a beautiful parting gift which would always remain as a symbol of their undying love.Hina malik knew she was going to die anyway, she just wanted to bring a new life in this world before leaving it herself .and that is exactly what she did .