The Orb Reveals Itself

Toneri: The Otsutsuki orb came before you? I'm surprised. That doesn't happen often. 

Sarada and Boruto remained quiet.

Kosuke: Is that.....what I think it is?

Toneri: Indeed it is, Kosuke. Come, I want to speak with you.

Kosuke: Master! I'm sorry I can't fulfil your legacy but Sarada-

Toneri: Just come here and sit. I shall explain everything to you.

Kosuke obediently sat next to the orb on the opposite side of Boruto and Sarada, both in each other's embrace while looking at the orb in awe.

Toneri: Kosuke, you are the best apprentice and successor for me. I truly love and treasure you like my child but-

Kosuke: Master! It's not my fault! If Sarada doesn't want to participate-

Toneri: Silence!

Kosuke's lips stopped moving

Toneri: But....Kosuke.....you misunderstood the legacy.

Kosuke looked at Toneri in surprise.

Kosuke: But-but! But how?!?!

Toneri: I never told you to force marriages. Forcing marriages will only bring detest and hate from the humans towards Otsutsuki kind even more. However, I did tell you to make sure the Otsutsuki mingle with the humans, as friends. This way the power hungry nature of the Otsutsuki could vanish. And that way, the Chakra Fruit no longer needs to be planted and cause destruction. It may take a long time for an Otsutsuki to fit in but it's going to be worth all the time.

Kosuke looked the ground in guilt. He couldn't even think about what he had done. He made someone hate him for something that wasn't even the true legacy.

Kosuke: I......I didn't understand properly. I am sorry Master. I have made such a mistake and I'm a failure for that-

Boruto: You're not!

Kosuke: Hm?

Boruto looked intensely into Kosuke's eyes, making Kosuke feel intimidated.

Boruto: Everyone makes mistakes, and that doesn't exclude you. You misunderstood his legacy and that's okay, unless you now amend your mistakes and do the right thing. Toneri also made the mistake of not explaining the legacy to you properly.

Toneri nodded. Boruto then flashed his bright smile. Kosuke was surprised. After he had taken his sister and imprisoned her, his lover and forcefully tried to marry her, he was still smiling so brightly. Kosuke lightly smiled.

Kosuke: You really are the only one worthy of Sarada.......

Toneri looked at the scene and closed his eyes expectantly.

Toneri: Well, my job here is done. I shall take my leave-

Kosuke: Wait!

Toneri: Hm?

Kosuke: Thank you......for trusting me to become your successor.

Kosuke stood up and bowed infrog of the orb. Toneri faced him surprisedly and then also smiled.

Toneri: Kosuke....raise your head.

Kosuke raised his head and his eyes met his master's frail ones.

Toneri: Kosuke, you were my best apprentice and bestest companion. How could I not give you that position? That would disappoint myself!

Kosuke looked surprisedly at his master.

Toneri: You are more than worthy of acquiring that position.

Both master and student smiled. And the orb bursted into sparkled that spread in infinite space. Suddenly a kunai flung in their direction.

Kitsuke: DAMN UCHIHA BRAT I SHOULDVE KILLED YOU WITH YOUR FATHER LONG AGO!

Kitsuke stood up while trembling. As he found himself half standing, he conjured up a jutsu that was atleast 50 times his size.

Kitsuke: THIS TIME ILL SURELY KILL ALL OF YOU. THE UCHIHA BRAT AND THE UZUMAKI KID!

Kitsuke came rushing forward. Sarada knew that even if it looked like a large attack, it wasn't all that powerful and was filled with air. Her arms came horizontally beside her to look as if she was driving and her palms faced forward. She tried ouncing bit of her chakra to the next attack. Suddenly a warm embrace came behind her. Boruto put his face on Sarada's shoulder and put his hands ontop of Sarada's hands. Sarada felt overflowing chakra in her. Both formed a jutsu called the Rasen-chidori.

Kitsuke: HERE I COME! AHHHHHH!

Boruto and Sarada joined in with the screaming. It gives them power.

Boruto and Sarada: AHHHHHH!

Both collided at great force, which resulted in a great amount of smoke. Kosuke looked forward, trying to squint and peer through the smoke. He saw a man through the shadows with long hair, and knew he was Kitsuke. He was wavering until he flopped to ground, face forward. Sarada fell in Boruto's arms as she had exhausted all of her chakra.

Sarada: Did we......do it?

Boruto looked at her hair and then to Kitsuke, who was on the ground for more than a minute. He didn't even move. Not even a raise of his chest.

Boruto: Yeah.....we did.......