viii. mad-eye

CHAPTER EIGHT ─── mad-eye 

"𝕸adge," The girl turned at the drawn out call of her name, finding Fred hovering behind her, a piece of paper in his hands. 

"What do you want Tweedledum?" His face turned offended as his other half popped up moments later. "Oh, here's Tweedle-dee."

"Rude." George muttered, straightening his tie.

"We wanted to ask about your timetable."

"It's just as boring as last year." Madge replied, handing the sheet of paper over as Lena came stumbling into the hall to sit next to her. "Morning. You alright?"

"I take back everything I said last night, I hate school." She whined, shaking her head. "I especially hate having to wake up early for lessons."

"What a shame. Timetable's here. We got Moody fourth." Madge pushed Lena's timetable towards her, eating a slice of toast as she did. She caught a drop of strawberry jam, wiping it on the napkin beside her quickly.

"You got it with us!" Fred and George cheered, before wrapping their arms around Madge and grinning. "We can discuss all the ways you're going to help us over the age line."

"No we are most certainly not. I mean it!" The twins walked off, ignoring Madge's cries of protest as she glared at their backs. Lena yawned again, as Madge sighed and checked her wristwatch. "Come on, Lena, we've got potions first."

Lena sighed once more, letting her head fall onto the table as Madge patted her back sympathetically. She knew exactly how the girl was feeling, neither of them enjoying lessons with Snape. Whilst the man didn't hate Hufflepuffs nearly as much as he did Gryffindors, he still found them useless and looked down his hooked nose at them.

Despite both Lena and Madge passing Potions at OWLs with an Outstanding, Snape still taught them like they were second years (who were by the far the most annoying of the school years). They could only dread what taking NEWTs with the man would be like, and the hope he would be fired was steadily decreasing.

Madge shouldered her satchel, heading out of her third period lesson of Herbology with Lena, as they hurried up the stairs after their fellow Hufflepuffs. They had DADA fourth, meaning the entire class was on edge with what the lesson would be about. Madge could just about make out Cedric and his posse again, all of them joking and pushing each other around as they headed inside the entrance hall.