ii. fake brothers

CHAPTER TWO ─── fake brothers 

𝕿he Quidditch World Cup was unlike anything that Madge had experienced before in her life. The sound of the crowd was deafening, and that was before the match had even started! Everywhere you looked there were witches and wizards, dressed in their countries colours, cheering, chatting, laughing and messing around with others. There were brooms and golden snitches, stalls of food and butterbeer, fireworks and streamers.

In some ways, Madge was reminded of Hogwarts and the Great Hall after a Quidditch match, but in other ways this was completely different.

"Madge! Keep up!" The girl was pulled away from staring at her surroundings, jogging to catch up with Fred and George. The twins were already counting their money, looking at the stalls and trying to work out where they'd get the best for their coins. 

The campsite was a plethora of colours, smells and new people that even Madge could not wait to explore.

"We should catch up. Don't need to lose everyone or we're gonna struggle to find it again."

"Got it!" Madge had to shout to be heard over the noise, and even then she wasn't sure if the twins had actually heard her over the cheers, but both boys shot her identical grins and thumbs up all the same so she took that as a good sign.

They continued through the crowd, brushing past people as they reached the other red heads of the Weasley family, who were waiting by a tent entrance. Arthur raised a eyebrow at their disappearing act, before holding the tent flap open for the trio to duck into.

The inside was deceptively bigger than the outside let on, filled with bunks, a kitchenette and a bathroom area. Immediately, Madge threw her bag onto the top bunks, as Fred and George quickly claimed the other two spare ones in that area. 

"Fred! George! Madge!" The trio's heads snapped up, before they all grinned at the sight of the oldest of the Weasley's siblings.

Bill, who's real name was actually William, had not changed at all since Madge had last seen him. He had the same long hair, that Molly was sure to have an aneurysm about, and a dragon fang earring that Madge distinctly remembered about him. It was something that had made her mother laugh hysterically when she had first seen him, and then slap the man on the back.

The ginger man pushed Fred and George aside, to give Madge a hug, laughing at the sight of her. Madge squeaked as he picked her up.

"Mum was telling me that you made prefect this year." Bill finally set her down, as Fred and George stood behind their brother with their jaws practically on the floor. "She was also telling me about your OWLs and all of that. Seems like all that studying paid off."