iv. unexpected guests

CHAPTER FOUR ─── unexpected guests 

"𝕸adge..." Her name was drawn out into a whine, as Fred and George hung off of both her arms, looking up at her with wide eyes and exaggerated pouts. "Come on. Please!"

"The stall is ages away," Trying to shake them off was proving futile, as they clung to her in all their lankiness. Just as Madge managed to pry their arms off, they fell to the floor, clutching onto her legs. "Why can't you go?"

"Cause we spent all our money elsewhere," Fred added in, as Charlie and Bill chuckled. Madge's eyes narrowed. She could have sworn that she saw them collecting money off people they made bets with earlier that evening. 

"Our legs hurt," George continued.

"It's too cold." Fred began to give her puppy eyes, grabbing her hand in his as he began to beg for her to go.

"Everyone likes you more." George winked, before staring to fake cry with his brother, as Madge pulled a face.

"One more word and I'm hexing both of you to Spain," Madge growled, finally shaking them off to grab her money. "I will go and get you your stupid butter beers if only to get away from your annoyingness."

They immediately sat up and stopped fake crying, creepy grins dawning on their faces.

"I hate both of you." Madge shivered, before sticking her tongue out and walking towards the entrance of the tent.

"Want some company on the walk?" Looking over at Charlie, who was perched on a chair by the door, Madge shook her head.

"I'm alright, don't worry. " He nodded, before opening the tent flap for her and letting her slip out. 

As soon as she was out, she breathed a sigh of relief at the coldness of the air, compared to the humidity of the tent. How she was going to survive sleeping in there with Fred and George snoring near her was a question that she still hadn't figured out the answer to, so more time away from them gave her more time to prepare for the inevitable.

The vendor was closer to the stadium, meaning it was going to take Madge fifteen minutes to walk over there, maybe more as she pushed against the masses of drunken crowds.

All around her, the sound of fireworks, drunken singing and cheers from the Irish could be heard, as well as the occasional crack of a spell being fired off into the night air. There was going to be a lot of annoyed Bulgarian fans, especially after the outcome of the match so she could only hope she didn't end up running into trouble.