Episode three: part two

Luella unlocked her phone as she sat down with Stiles and Scott in the cafeteria, while they discussed Scotts dream

Luella unlocked her phone as she sat down with Stiles and Scott in the cafeteria, while they discussed Scotts dream. Luella cared about Scotts problem of course, but she just had to do one thing before she could tune back into the conversation, that was until Stiles mentioned a name.

"-Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles raised his eyebrows at Scott, then pulled them back down into a frown as Luellas head shot up at Dereks name. He turned to the girl, glancing at her phone. "Were you really on your phone right now," he questioned.

Luella shrugged. "I'm checking the word of the day on thesaurus," she explained normally. The two boys gave her odd looks. "What?"

"You are such a nerdy-, geeky-, geek," Stiles replied for him and Scott, Scott nodding along.

Luellas cheeks went rosy and she forced down a proud smile, then went back to her phone, blocking out her friends chatter for just a few more seconds.

"Scotoma," Luella mumbled to herself. "A partial loss of vision or blind spot in an otherwise normal visual field." When she zoned back into the world again, Scott and Stiles were talking about Alison again, and her and Scotts date tomorrow.

"I have to cancel," Scott sighed with disappointment, making Luellas heart hurt.

"No, no don't cancel ok?" Luella rushed out, Scott turning to her with his sad puppy dog eyes. "Listen, Scott, You're not gonna hurt her," she assured, making Scott nod solemnly. "Stiles?"

Stiles gazed at her, thinking she was talking to him, but Lus eyes were still trained on Scott.

"Yeah, maybe," Luella affirmed with a sorrow smile. "Maybe just a scratch or a mark, or maybe a large bite chunk." Stiles frowned deeply and went to intervene, but couldn't think of anything to actually say, so his mouth just kind of hung open.

"But Alison?" Luella continued, then gave a teasing little smile, making Scott blush and shy away slightly about his feelings for Alison. "No, you could never harm a hair on her gorgeous head," she confirmed.

Stiles' eyes darted between the two friends, full of confusion at Luellas empathic face and Scotts rosy cheeks and shy demeaner.

"We're gonna figure it out ok?" Luella spoke in a way that a gentleman would back in the old days, or Captain America, which is probably where she got the voice from. One of the piles stacked up in her bedroom was a pile of Marvel comic books, and Stiles would always catch her gawking at the different characters and reading out loud, in what she thinks the people should sound like.

"What is happening," Stiles whispered to himself in question.

A sudden familiar voice snapped them all out of their thoughts, along with the sound of a tray being put down beside Luella.

"Figure what out?" Lydia questioned as she sat down, blatantly ignoring the obvious panicked look Scott gave Stiles.

Scott turned to Luella when the best thing Stiles did was let out a breathy noise of what could have been a laugh, but Luella just blinked at Lydia. Both girls made eye contact and blushed a deep red, Lydia turning away first, making Luella let a small smile slip before forcing her feelings down.