Chapter 9

Cara's Pov

When I woke up my ankle felt like it had been run over my a truck. Multiple times. But I wasn't going to let Harry know, because then he'd take me to a hospital and that would 1. Be yet another thing he's done for me, and 2. I've had bad experiences with hospitals and I just don't want to avoid them at all costs.

I look over to the couch and I see Harry is still asleep. Thank goodness! Now, since Harry doesn't have work today, he's probably going to want to do something. And with how bad my ankle feels when I'm not moving, I can't imagine how horrid it would feel with me moving. I need to find a way to not go out today.

I decided to go back to sleep for awhile. I woke up what felt like minutes later, but I soon found out it had been two hours.

"Finally you're awake!" Harry smiled at me.

"Yeah yeah." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay, since you're awake now, wanna get Liam and do something?"

I knew this was coming...I had to think fast.

"Well um, you know, uh, I just, I, sure. Sounds like a good idea." I mentally punch myself in the face. What happened to not going out?! Ugh. Maybe, I can just walk it off? Yeah. That's what I'll do. I go to get off the bed, immediately falling to the ground, as pain shoots up and down my leg.

"Cara?!" Harry yells as he comes over to me. "Are you okay?!"

"Obviously not!" I hiss.

"I know. Just wanted to hear you admit it." He smirks.

"Harry, if I wasn't in so much pain, I would punch you." He laughs.

"Well I'm sorry, I just had too."

"Harry I don't really care right now! I've admitted I am in extreme pain, so can you just get me an Advil please?" He helps me up onto the bed.

"Yea, one sec. Let me just take a look at your foot first." He goes down to look. he lightly taps on it.

"Ow Harry! Don't touch it!" Harry gives me a worried look.

"Um Cara, I think you need to be taken to a hospital." I feel the color flee from my face.

"No no no no. No way. There is absolutely no way I'm going to a hospital." I tell him, whilst scooting away.

"Cara, there is no other way! Your foot is swollen and black and blue!" Harry says.

"Harry no. I'll live." Harry shakes his head, gets up and leaves the room. I let out a sigh of relief, assuming he gave up and was going to get me an Advil. But I was half wrong. After about five minutes, he came back in the room, with my Advil yes, but Liam tagging along.

"Here." Harry says handing me a glass of water and the pills.

"Thanks." I say, downing them. When I'm finished I say, "Uh, hi Liam."

"Hello love." He says.

The two boys stand before me for about three minutes silently before Harry takes one glance at Liam and says, "One, two, three, go!" Harry swoops me up bridal style and Liam grabs Harry's car keys and we head towards the elevator.

Once in the elevator, I realize what's going on. "Harry?! What the heck?! Put me down."

"Cara, you and I both know I cannot and will not put you down." I looked to Liam with pleading eyes.

"Liam, be the good guy and TELL HARRY TO PUT ME DOWN."

"Actually, Cara, I would be being the bad guy if I told Harry to put you down." I grunted. By this point we had gotten to the car and Liam opened the back door and Harry placed me down gently. Harry then got in the passenger seat, and Liam got in the drivers seat.

For the first couple minutes of the ride I tried to convince the boys I'd be fine and to turn around, but they didn't which surprised me. Note the sarcasm. I finally accepted the fact that there was no way out of this and my only chance of the boys turning around was to tell them the reason I don't want to go so badly, and most likely they still wouldn't, then leaving them with one of my worst secrets and me having to go and relive things, so I just decided to have to suffer.

Once we arrived, Harry came around back and picked me up bridal style. We walked in through the emergency entrance and Liam went up to the desk. They told us to go to the waiting room, and so that's what we did. Harry sat me in a chair, then placed himself next to me, and Liam on my other side. I kept giving them both death glares.

"Cara, stop giving us death glares." Liam chuckled.

"Why should I? You two dragged me to a hospital unwillingly."

"Well technically, we carried you here." Harry pointed out, correcting my statement.

"But why?! I said I would've been fine!"

"Haha, no. You wouldn't have been fine Cara! You couldn't even stand without crumbling to the floor in pain! But anyway, why were you so against coming here anyway?" Harry asked.

"Because."

"Because....?"

"Because I just am." I said sternly. Harry dropped the subject after that, thankfully. The three of us sat there silently until a nurse came to retrieve us.

"Um, Liam Payne?" A middle aged nurse called out. I glanced at Liam confusedly, as I am the patient.

"Sorry Cara, I didn't know your last name."

"It's alright." I assured him. Harry scooped me up bridal style, once again, and we walked over to the nurse. My goodness, he is carrying me bridal style so much he might as well carry me to an alter.

"Hi, I'm nurse Sherri." The lady smiled. We all exchanged greetings accordingly.

"Um, if you all will stay right here, I'll be right back." Nurse Sherri said before scurrying off.

"How are you holding up love?" Harry asked me while we waited.

"Well, besides being in agonizing pain, I'm okay." As non sarcastic as possible. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I am really sorry you know."

"This isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me." As I say that, Harry gives me a sad, sympathetic smile.

Nurse Sherri came back after what felt like years, with a wheel chair.

"Honey you can put her in the chair of you'd like." Harry did as told, then proceeded to grab onto the handles to push me.

"Okay," Nurse Sherri said. "I can take her to the X-Ray rooms from here. You two can sit in the waiting area."

"Wait, can we come with?" Harry asked. "For support." Liam added. The nurse nodded, and then Harry goes on to push my wheel chair. I silently thanked them. They obviously aren't stupid, as they picked up the fact that there was some reason I didn't want to be here.

Once in the X-Ray room, I was placed on the X-Ray table and that's when I started to lose my cool. I stared to tear up a bit, but this time it wasn't from the pain of my ankle, but the pain of the memories.