Life Ruined By Recurring Nightmares

I wake up to the noise of a knock on the door. I turn over to face Ryder.

"Ryder, she's back!"

"Don't worry. We won't let her hurt you."

I hear the door open and start to panic. Who would open the door?

"Come in. Susan, was it?" I'm not awake enough to distinguish the voice. Ryder hears this too and hugs me.

"Yes. Thank you dear. Now to find Luna."

"She is right in here." Before the door opens, I jump up and find a place to hide but there aren't many. I end up hiding in the corner and covering myself with some rubbish and spare things just lying around. The door then creaks open.

"Ryder, get up. We have a guest." Bryce's voice. I should have guessed. Who else would want to see me suffer? But that doesn't make sense. If what Ryder said is true, and he does like me, then why does he invite Susan in now?

"Morning. Sorry, I didn't expect a guest this early."

"Well, I told you I would be back."

"That you did."

"Now where is my daughter?" Right now I felt like jumping up and saying that she doesn't have the right to call me her daughter, but I bite the inside of my mouth to stop me.

"Sorry, she isn't here. I woke up earlier and she was gone, so I don't think I can help you." Thank God Ryder can think fast.

"Oh that's fine, we will just go around looking for her. Luna, dear, where are you? I miss you and just want you to come home." Still lying. I'm glad Ryder doesn't say anything in my defense. I would hate for him to see the other side of Susan.

"LUNA TEALE VALENCIA." There's the yell that meant I was in deep trouble. "GET OUT HERE NOW." At this Bruno starts to bark.

"Bruno, here." I hear Ryder call.

"She still has that stupid mutt?" Yep. Definitely hasn't changed.

"Yeah, she does. Because unlike your house, it is accepted here." I close my eyes. No, Ryder, stupid. I know that he does it because that's how he is, but...

"That is no way to speak to a guest." Bryce jumps in.

"LUNA TEALE VALENCIA." This time louder. I hear Bruno cry. "Or I'm going to kill this dog." I don't know what made me do it, but I jumped straight up and took Bruno out of her hands.

"There you are, my darling daughter. Give me a hug."

"Over my dead body. And never call me your daughter. I'm ashamed that it is that way though."

"Now come home with me please? The house is so quiet without you and I miss you so much." I see right through her lies.

"Why would I torture myself by living with you again? You don't treat me right at all, you hate me! You couldn't even treat Jonathon right, and you were married to him, for God's sake!"

"Don't you ever talk like that to me, Luna."

"No, I will talk like that to you. This is how you have been talking to me my whole life. Finally you get a small taste of what I feel like for once."

"Susan, please leave." Ryder requests.

"And why should I listen to you." Ryder steps closer to her so they are inches apart.

"Because this is my place. So leave now."

"You can stay for a little while if you want. I'm sure you live far away and we love your presence." Bryce, still ruining everything.