Life Ruined By Trust

I stand there and stare. The sky is so blue and all the clouds are perfect. But then I look down, big mistake. Below me is miles of hard ground and cement as well as water. One wrong move and I’m dead. I look at Ryder who is standing beside me then back to the ground. My decision is made. I’m not doing this. I don’t care if it means I trust Ryder or not. I’m not doing this.

“Look Ryder, I’m sorry I can’t do this.”

“You’re not getting out of this now. Trust me” Ryder replies.

“Isn’t there another way of getting me to trust you?”

“Well obviously, but this is proven most effective”. He flashes me a smile showing his white teeth.

“And who proved that?”

“The Science of Ryder. Never heard of it?”

“Obviously” I yell mocking what he said before.

The instructor grabs the harness and helps Ryder put it on. I stare knowing that once I get into it with him, I can’t back down.

“Ready?” The instructor asks me. I gulp.

“What makes you expect me to be ready?” I know I shouldn’t talk like that to the instructor, but I am just so nervous and angry at Ryder, I can’t help it.

“Listen, I’m sorry. I’m just doing my job”. I feel bad for the instructor because he is just doing his job.

“What happens if I don’t jump off?” The desperation in my voice is so obvious that the instructor walks towards me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Nothing. We will just take you back down and you will probably feel ashamed. Plus I can’t guarantee you will get your money back.” That comment knocks me off and I start to feel bad. It would be a waste of money for Ryder. I don’t think I could live with it, “I just want to tell you that nothing bad will happen.You have a parachute and you are with trained professionals. No one is forcing you to do this but we do encourage you to consider your options and try it”.

“Alright, fine. Thank you.” Ryder’s face lights up and the instructor brings me to him. He puts into the harness with Ryder. My nerves are going crazy. I feel like I’m going to be sick or faint. But there’s no backing down now.

“I’m going to warn you in advance that this may be uncomfortable for the both of you.” I look towards Ryder. I bet he only wanted me to do this so we could be this close. That crafty bumhole! I can’t believe him.

Unfortunately, before I can say anything to him. The instructor nods and Ryder jumps off, taking me with him. I scream and scream.

“Ryder! I think! I’m! Going! To! Puke!” I scream as loud as I can. The ground gets closer and closer, so does our speed. I shut my eyes tight and continue to scream.

“Just wait till I do this!” He screams back, but I can barely hear him over my screaming, and he makes us do a spin in the air.

“What was that for!”

“That’s your punishment for stalling!”

“Are you seriously going to blame that on me!”

“Okay fine, but this ones your fault!” He makes us move side to side and does another spin.

“RYDER!!!”

“What?!”

“YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND PULL THE PARACHUTE OR WE’RE GOING TO DIE!!!”

“You’re funny Luna!” I feel him pull the parachute and we slow down. I finally stop screaming, but now I have trouble breathing. “I think you’re about to kill yourself! You need to breathe!”

“YOU THINK I’M NOT TRYING!” I try to take deep breaths in and out, but fail miserably. I end up hyperventilating.

“Luna just try to breath! At a normal pace!” I try. Even he knows I can’t, so he hugs me and breaths into my ear. “Just imagine yourself on a...” He pauses for a few seconds. I open my eyes and only stare at him, “a cloud. It’s just us and the cloud. Nothing can hurt us and we have nothing to worry about.” I start to calm down a little but not enough for me to breathe properly.

“Luna, do you like music?” He pulls out his headphones and his M3P player. I nod. He puts the earphones in my ears. “Just poke me, slap me or whatever, if you its too loud.”  He hadn’t even started the music yet but I punched him anyway because he made me jump to practically what could've been my death.

“Okay, Okay! I’m sorry.” He starts to play some song i’ve never heard of before, but I don’t care. I gesture my hand pointing up and he turns the music up. I can already feel myself relaxing.

Several minutes pass, but I’m not sure how long because the music has taken over.

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones

Enough to make my systems blow

Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

Ryder nudges me.

“I think I should tell you that we have been on the ground for a long while now”  I pull out the earphones and stare at him. Suddenly, I feel embarrassed.

“Are you kidding me?”

“I wanted you to calm down before I told you.” Fair excuse.

“I can’t believe you just made my do that!” Seriously, I could have died. If I had been by myself or with an instructor, I probably would have. Maybe I should thank him. No, he doesn’t deserve it. He was the one that got me here in the first place.

“Do you trust me now? Did my exercise work?”

“You are not in my good books.”

“Damn.”

“You know how worried I was. How do you expect me to react? You never even gave me my salad!”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry.”

“Apology not accepted.” He rolls his eyes and I flick my hair. I’m fabulous!

We walk back home together, well he does, I kind of fall all over the place. That jump really messed me up. Like seriously traumatised me. I don’t think I will ever forgive Ryder, but our friendship has definitely grown stronger, even though I still don’t trust him. I’m not going to tell him that though.

He is miles ahead of me while I’m still regaining balance. I’m practically home so it’s not that bad.

“You have a good time?” Carter asked.

“Shut up”. I throw a cushion at him and go to ‘bed’. Bruno lays next to me and falls asleep. I sigh. I’ve had a long day too, I mean jumped out of a plane for God’s sake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Wow. Chapter 9 already. Yeah, I really don't know what to say. So, I'm just gonna say; what's up? How are you? and yeah...  Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Until next time, over and out! BYES >_<

Comment-Share-Vote-&Whatnot