Life Ruined by Worries

I open my eyes and get the fright of my life. I literally jump. In front of me, I see the evil Bryce Brown.

"Hi?" I say out of fright.

"Hello, Luna. How are you? Did you sleep well?" He speaks creepy, like he's going to kill me. I just stare at him. 

He continues, "That's okay you don't need to speak. I have my ways." Oh God. Someone better help me. "You know, you're going to have to tell me eventually."

"Never." My voice is shakey. I can't help it.

He pounces on me and puts his arms around my neck.

"Tell me or else!" Please no. I don't want to die like this.

"TELL ME!" His voice is louder this time, so loud I could feel the vibrations in the floor beneath me. "I guess we're doing this the hard way then. You have five seconds," His grip around my neck tightens, "5..."

Okay, I guess I could die like this. Sacrifice is worshiped, right? Yeah, yeah. It will be fine.

"4... 3..." My heart is racing and my heart beats grow faster, I might die from this instead. At least, it wouldn't be as painful.

"2..."

* * *

I wake up screaming, cautious of everything around me, backing up to the wall. I am covered in sweat and I start to panic. I'm relieved it was a nightmare, but it was too real. Like it is a warning that something similar to it will happen.

"Luna, Luna, Luna. Calm down. You're okay. Nothing is happening, you're fine." At the sound of Ryder's voice, I control my breathing and start to calm down. He makes his way towards me and wraps me in his arms.

"Never leave me." I know I shouldn't say it, but I just do.

"Never." He replies. At least he replies.

"It...nightmare...Bryce". I couldn't even construct a sentence at the memory of it.

"Don't worry. I won't let him hurt you." The reassurance definitely helps.

"Can we," I pause and take in a deep breath, "get food, please." I try to sound confident, like I'm not letting the nightmare bother me, but it doesn't turn out that way. 

"Sure." We get up and go out. It is still quite early, so Ryder and I are the only ones up.

* * * 

I take the whole day to recover and fortunately, I have almost gotten over it. I avoid Bryce the whole day. Not making any contact with him whatsoever, but I always feel his eyes piercing into my back. We decide to go out for dinner, although it is not all that fancy.

At the restaurant, which may I add took forever to get to, I am awfully uncomfortable. Especially, as Ryder went for a walk. I try not to let it show, but as I have learnt from experience, I'm not very good at it. Bryce stares at me for most of the time we are there, and I can sense that everyone is picking up on it. Everyone is silent, looking down at their plates, so I decide to speak up.

"You realise that you guys never told me why I woke up outside the other day." I direct this mainly to Carter.

"What's the point. It doesn't matter if you know. We were trying to get Ryder to tell us why you two went out alone the day before and what you two were talking about. We put you outside because we didn't want you butting in like you always do and defending people, which you ended up doing anyway." Carter answers without hesitation.

"Well, alrighty then, that makes sense." Everyone laughs a little. "So, what do we all want to do now?"

"Shouldn't we wait for Ryder? He will be wondering where we went." Carter suggests.