Chapter 3

Keefe Sencen was in love with her.

She really was naive, it made so much sense!

How had she not picked up on it before?

She couldn't think of what to say, the best she came up with was, "But, I'm a Councillor."

Sophie's heart sunk as she said the words. She now saw that she hadn't only not realised Keefe's love for her, but she had also been oblivious of her love for Keefe, and now it was truly too late.

"I know." Keefe ran another hand through his blonde hair and looked away awkwardly. Sophie watched him, watching the way his gorgeous features twisted into various expressions, how had she not noticed she had loved him before?

Yes, she had feelings for Keefe, back when they were teens, but she always thought that it was just stupid butterflies, nothing more. Definitely not something as big as love.

"I-" Sophie struggled, thinking of how to put this, "I think I love you too..."

She looked at Keefe, he looked back, "That's... That's something I never thought I'd hear from you." He said, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "For how long?" He whispered, his ice blue eyes meeting Sophie's, "Well..." Sophie rubbed the back of her head awkwardly, "Since we were teens." She glanced away, Keefe went even redder.

"Wow. I never realised..." Keefe started in shock.

"That's probably because I didn't realise it myself." She fidgeted, not sure what to do. Eventually he said, "What now?"

Sophie looked up, "What can we do? I'm a Councillor. Relationships are forbidden."

Keefe nodded slowly, "I know." But then his face changed to a smirk, "But, are friends with benefits forbidden?"

Sophie was taken back, and she went bright red, "No I- I don't think it says anything about it."

Keefe's smirk grew wider, and he stepped closer to her...

Noticeably closer.

Like a lot closer.

Now inches away, Keefe whispered, "So, it wouldn't hurt if I was to kiss you, as a friend?"

He lifted her chin, his gorgeous eyes set on her, awaiting a response.

"No, I don't think so." Sophie breathed, Keefe smiled, "Great, so that means I can do this..."

He closed the distance between them, Sophie couldn't think about anything but Keefe.

Keefe Sencen was kissing her.

She fell into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist.

When they pulled away, she smiled, not caring that she was 99% sure she was bright red, and buried her head into his shoulder.

Keefe held her to him, and she knew she was where she belonged.

It didn't hurt if she was simply friends who kissed and hugged with Keefe...

Right?