twenty.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

when school had ended, both park sunghoon and kim sunoo didn't need to exchange any sort of communication to know the two would be going home together.

after the strange yet intriguing discussion with kang taehyun at lunch, both boys felt there was something more to this choi yeonjun story.

it didn't take long for the two to arrive in front of sunoo's quiet home, in which they entered and made themselves comfortable as if it was routine. they then headed for sunoo's room to sit on his bed, which was practically their dedicated spot for talking and sharing secrets at this point.

"so, we're thinking the same thing, right?" sunoo broke the silence first—a silence that barely was there to begin with—by bringing up the topic fresh in both their minds.

sunghoon nodded almost instantly. "ni-ki's comment."

he's heard sunghoon's voice a handful of times now, but it didn't mean sunoo's heart slowed any less when the sound of his voice aloud caressed his ears. maybe he'd never get used to how much he loved the older's voice. it certainly didn't help that sunoo had growing feelings for him...

sunoo?

"r-right, sorry. yes, his comment."

biting his lip in concentration, sunghoon tried hard to think back on the conversation. sure the youngest was only messing around with his theory, but it made sense. why else would choi yeonjun get so protective over someone if he didn't have underlying feelings for that same someone?

but then again, how could choi yeonjun—the most homophobic person sunghoon had ever known—have any type of romantic feelings for a boy?

sunghoon thought back to the day he confessed to him. the day he laid all his cards out on the table, only for them to be shredded in response. the day his best friend went from loving to him to treating him like the dirt they walked on.

but then, sunghoon remembered something else. something his mind must have kept locked away from him in order to..protect him? confine him? sunghoon wasn't sure. all he knew was that a flood of memories had just crashed their way through his brain, filling it up until it overflowed through his mouth into two words.

"choi soobin."

sunoo raised an eyebrow in confusion. "yes...?"

"choi soobin," sunghoon repeated, this time making direct eye contact with the boy in front of him, "i remember him. i remember. he was there the day i confessed to yeonjun that i l-liked him. he was next to him. and i remember his face...he was...he was angry? he seemed upset. upset at me. and then yeonjun lashed out at me.

"choi soobin was the friend, the friend that yeonjun had spent so much more time with once he moved schools. but i had never gotten the chance to meet him because yeonjun never hung out with the three of us at once. i-i must have forgotten his name, but..but i remember it now."