six.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

"i can't find my notebook anywhere!"

sunoo was currently panicking as he rambled to ni-ki on facetime. it was the day before the big test and sunoo could have sworn he had his notebook with him. last time he saw it was a few days ago, but he couldn't have left it at school, could he?

"school starts in, like, thirty minutes, bro, i'd hurry up."

sunoo sighs in defeat. he grabs his backpack and ends his facetime call with riki. hopefully, he can find his notebook in school so he can study before the test.

making his way downstairs, sunoo catches a glimpse of a note taped to the kitchen counter. he quickly picks it up and reads it. he isn't too surprised to see it's from his mother, who is off at work until late at night...per usual.

he shrugs it off and heads out the door. "no! the bus!"

he just misses the morning bus. "well, this day is starting off terribly."

with his having to walk, sunoo finds himself five minutes late to his first period. he's never late. he dashes into the classroom, all eyes on him. he bows apologetically before scurrying to his seat. he slumps into his chair, throwing his head onto the desk.

what he expects to be a wooden desk base surprises him when it isn't. he lifts his head curiously and realizes his notebook was laid out in front of him. did i leave it here? sunoo thought, his lips pursed in thought.

a breathy chuckle sounds quietly from next to sunoo. he looks to his side and suddenly remembers that sunghoon is right next to him. ah, sunghoon-ssi! he borrowed my notebook!

sunghoon avoided eye contact with sunoo, even though he could feel the latter's eyes on him.

the class went by pretty smoothly for the most part. today, sunghoon remembered a pencil and tried his best to take some notes. he mostly looked over to sunoo next to him and tried to slyly copy what the boy would write. of course, his weren't nearly as neat and decorated.

once the bell rang, sunoo began packing up. he glanced toward sunghoon, who seemed a bit spaced out. are those notes? sunoo asked himself, noticing the loose leaf paper and pencil in front of his desk partner. sunoo cracked a smile.

"i didn't know you took notes," sunoo said aloud, instantly catching sunghoon's attention.

sunghoon finally caught his eye. he shrugged slightly before standing up as well.

"well, you have written way less than me. hope you didn't miss anything," sunoo stated with concern.

sunghoon bit his lip in worry, looking back down at his note paper. he was never good at note taking. but after doing well on the pop quiz, he's determined to do well on this test, too. he can't repeat the grade a third time.

sunoo studied sunghoon's face. someone so quiet had facial expressions so loud. it was almost like sunoo could read the emotions written on the details of his face. "d-do you want my notes again?" sunoo offered, a bit shyly.

sunghoon looked to sunoo in surprise. how did sunoo know he was worrying about that? was his face that readable? he didn't say it out loud did he?

"it's okay if you don't. you just looked really anxious for a second there," sunoo explained.

sunghoon sighed. he couldn't take the kid's notes again. sunghoon isn't sunoo's responsibility. he needs to take care of his own things and vice versa. so, sunghoon shook his head, packed up his notes, and headed out the empty classroom.

sunoo was left alone in the classroom.

something is up with him, i can feel it.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

end of the school day. it comes too fast. park sunghoon wishes it didn't.

maybe i'll head to the mall again? but i don't wanna run into the jerk from last time.

sunghoon continues to think to himself, all the while avoiding walking back to his house. little does he know that a certain blonde-haired boy called kim sunoo isn't walking too far behind him.

"where are you off to, park sunghoon?"

sunoo walks as normally as he can without seeming suspicious. this isn't considered stalking, right? i'm just...concerned for a friend? if i can even call him that...

sunoo is stopped mid-thoughts when he sees sunghoon up ahead abruptly halt. sunoo does the same, gripping his backpack straps with wide eyes. swiftly, sunghoon turns around.

sunoo feels like a deer in the headlights.

nobody else is on the block but them, so it's pretty obvious sunoo was following him. it's not like sunghoon couldn't hear the boy's footsteps. sunghoon shot sunoo a look, almost as if he was asking the latter why he was following him.

sunoo cowered at the gaze. "u-uh, hi? sorry for following you..."

sunghoon walks over to where sunoo is standing. he crosses his arms and lifts his eyebrows at the boy who's suddenly become so interested in him during this past week. in school, that's one thing. but now after school?

what do you want from me?

"i don't want anything from you," sunoo replies.

sunghoon's eyes go wide as he lets out an inaudible gasp. fuck, did i say that out loud? he thinks.

"n-no?"

this time, both sunoo and sunghoon stand in complete shock.

did you just hear my thoughts?