two.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

just as planned, sunoo met up with his two best friends outside the school entrance after last period, ready to hang out.

"where are we going again?" sunoo asked them.

"library please. and then jay's place. i have a test soon," jungwon requested.

ni-ki groaned. "but there's books there! i wanted boba~" he whined, pouting.

"yes, that's what a library is. and you can get boba after. keep up," jungwon retorted.

the boys continued to bicker until they finally reached the library. the three took out their textbooks and notes, scribbling some writing as they whispered and chatted.

"i don't know, she's kind of annoying but she's my seat partner so what can i do," ni-ki sighed as he talked to his friends.

the group was talking about their day as they simultaneously did their work. jungwon turned to sunoo. "how about you, sunoo?" he asked.

sunoo pursed his lips for a moment before he gasped. "oh! i actually did have something to tell you both!"

the two boys sat up, listening intently. sunoo continued. "i met some boy today who was very quiet and didn't say anything the whole day! i tried to converse with him, but he gave me the cold shoulder. apparently his name is park sunghoon."

jungwon nodded his head. "ah yes, park sunghoon. the boy who stayed back a grade."

sunoo did a double take. "he what?!"

ni-ki cocked a brow. "you don't know? he's that boy who was supposed to graduate last year. for some reason he was held back and nobody knows why. probably because he never speaks. like, ever."

sunoo was stunned. he's a very outgoing person and tends to remember everyone he meets. he couldn't believe he wasn't aware of who sunghoon was!

"what's on your mind now?" ni-ki added, eyeing the black-haired boy lost in thought.

sunoo shook his head. "ah, nothing. i just can't help but feel curious as to why he was held back."

jungwon scoffed. "who cares? the guy never talks to anyone and i've heard he's pretty rude and cold. if he was held back a grade, he's probably a troublemaker."

ni-ki and jungwon went back to their work, ni-ki resuming his story on the girl from his class. sunoo, however, returned to his daydream state. he wasn't sure why, but sunghoon interested him. he wanted to know more about him.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

sunoo knew just where to look the next day in class. back of the classroom, back row, table by himself. and there was park sunghoon, black hoodie over his head that lay down on the table. if sunoo didn't know where the boy sat, he wouldn't have recognized him all covered up.

"hey, sunghoon-ssi!"

startled, the boy sat up from his position, a look of surprise on his face. he came eye-to-eye with a super smiley kim sunoo. instantly, his face hardened.

as expected, sunoo didn't get a hello back. but that didn't stop him. "so how come you transferred to this class a week after school started?" sunoo asked.

sunghoon was a little surprised that sunoo paid attention. he didn't think anyone would notice, let alone care. but of course, he didn't let his emotion show.

sunoo stood for a moment before plopping into the seat next to sunghoon. the latter scooted over a bit in his seat, not expecting the joyful boy to sit next to him.

"mind if i sit here? i noticed you don't have a seat partner. mine is actually out for the week," sunoo explained.

sunghoon simply shrugged before turning his attention back to the front of the room.

class had finally begun.

"please take out your workbooks and continue pages 111-114. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or your desk partner for help," the teacher instructed kindly.

sunoo and sunghoon took out their materials. sunghoon, out the corner of his eye, noticed sunoo had decorated his workbook-cover in doodles. he thought it was childish.

sunoo pulled out his bright yellow pencil case. he eyed the boy next to him and noticed sunghoon didn't have a pencil on him. sunoo smiled as he pulled out an extra one. "here," he said.

sunghoon turned his head toward the boy and looked at him in confusion. sunoo held out the pencil again, gesturing for sunghoon to take it. sunghoon didn't budge.

"aishh~" sunoo huffed. without warning, sunoo grabbed the boy's wrist and stuffed the pencil into his hand. "here's a pencil, silly. feel free to keep it!"

sunghoon sat stunned, even after the other boy returned to his work. he took a couple moments to study the mechanical pencil in his palm before finally resuming his own work.

sunoo secretly smiled to himself.