eighteen.

very long chapter/backstory ahead

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

choi yeonjun had many friends.

he was popular, for his outgoing personality and handsome features caught the attention of many. yeonjun didn't mind it one bit.

when he first moved to the area he grew up in, he was a lot more introverted. his first real friend was his next door neighbor, park sunghoon.

the two got along instantly. some could have mistaken them for brothers, since they acted so close. yeonjun loved park sunghoon as if he was his real little brother.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

each year, yeonjun found himself more and more. he grew more confidence in himself and it attracted more people into his life. he really loved the attention, maybe too much so. he wasn't aware enough to grasp how he cared too much about what others thought of him.

and maybe if he didn't care about that, everything would be different.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

park sunghoon was only fourteen at the time yeonjun was fifteen, starting his freshman year of high school. that being so, it was the first time the two were separated at school. yeonjun wasn't too anxious, though, for he knew he'd make friends easily. everyone liked him.

that was the year he met him.

choi soobin.

a new student from a different city. yeonjun really wanted to be his friend. he didn't know what drew him in; all he knew was that he needed to know the boy.

with his irresistible charm, it wasn't long before the two became friends. they hung out a lot more, too. park sunghoon knew of him, but he had never met him. the three never hung out all at once.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

park sunghoon still saw yeonjun daily, they were neighbors after all. even if they weren't at school together anymore, sunghoon's feelings never changed. they only grew.

after all the years of knowing his best friend, the harder it got to hold back his secret crush. if only he knew that yeonjun was experiencing strange feelings, too.

just not for park sunghoon.

the closer him and soobin got, the more yeonjun noted how much he loved being around the boy. he loved to tease him, poke his dimple, or squish his cheeks. he liked to give him funny nicknames and it always satisfied him once he received a pink-faced soobin pouting back at him. he loved soobin, but he loved sunghoon, too.