29- The Last Suspect

I feel like dancing.

LISA

The door was pushed open and I quickly shielded Jennie with my body from Jisoo.

"Jisoo, I know what you're thinking but I can explain... please" I held my hand out defensively and she just stared at me.

"Lisa, you brought in the enemy. On grounds we're supposed to be safe on" She stated without emotion.

"I know but Jisoo... she did nothing of her own--"

"Did nothing? She tried to kill Jisoo" Rosé retorted.

"She almost killed all three of us with missiles Lisa. She also tried to kidnap Rosé" Seulgi seethed in anger.

"And she betrayed us once. I'm sure she turned Yeri against us too" Irene added and I ran my hand through my hair, still shielding Jennie.

"I know she did all that guys... but she wasn't doing it because she wanted to. She was only trying to save her brother"

"Enough of that same old story Lisa! V killed that man right in front of me. You're a cop, dont you think that's wrong, a crime?" Rosé raised her voice and I shut my eyes.

"Yes, but if you listen to me, you'll understand why I'm protecting her" I said and looked at Jisoo who seemed to be boiling with rage from the inside.

...

"As you all know, Jennie's father is the President. But that's not important right now. Have you ever wondered where the First Lady is?" I asked them and Irene looked at Seulgi.

"Now that you say it, I haven't heard of her during this whole mess" Rosé said.

"Good. Jennie's Dad held her captive" I said and Jisoo's eyes stared right into my soul, urging me to go on.

"Why?" Rosé asked.

"So Jennie could help him wipe out the suspect without any problems, he knew she could get to us effectively"

"And how do you know all these?" Jisoo asked me coldly.

"Jongin told me, and I carried out my own investigations. I've been stalking Jennie for a while" It's true, I've been following her to her father's office and their meeting places.

"If you knew about all this, why didn't you tell any of us?" Seulgi asked me.

"I couldn't, I wanted to be fully sure of everything first. And you guys would never believe me after Jennie tried to waste you all" I explained and Irene stared straight at Jennie.

"Why did she almost kill Jisoo yesterday then?"

"It was an accident, I only intended to injure her"

"But you almost killed her! Just look at her!" Rosé got up and yelled at Jennie, pointing at Jisoo.

"I'm sorry Rosé.. I just couldnt bear the thought of you loving a killer--"

"Its not because you love me as you claim... you only want me away from Jisoo!" Rosé yelled again and Jennie shut her eyes.

"I'm sorry.."

Rosé glared at her before barging out of the room. Jisoo gave me a lifeless look before leaving as well.

Irene grabbed Seulgi's hand and left with her.

"They seem disappointed" Jennie tugged at my shirt. "I'm s--"

"Don't say that. I'm sure they'll come around, okay?" I cupped her cheeks and whispered to her.