14- Time Limit

The chapter name-

27th September 2021
ROSÉ

I couldn't move after Jisoo passed out on top of me. Not out of helplessness, but I was afraid I'd wake her up rather.

I wonder why Lisa had to give Jisoo alcohol. To numb the pain? Way to go Lisa. Way to go.

It's morning but she just started to snore softly.

I pushed her to the side carefully and got out of bed. I was setting up the table when I felt a warm embrace around my waist.

Jisoo.

I can smell her cologne. It's a mix of vanilla and honey, with a hint of first aid.

"Good morning"

"Since when do you wish me--"

"Just say it back" She hugged tighter.

"Fine. Good morning, Jisoo" I said sassily and she looked over my shoulder.

"Mm, cocoa" She let go of me and swiftly grabbed a mug. "Where are you going all dressed up like that?" I crossed my arms.

She was wearing a black turtleneck, black coat and black jeans. She seems to love black.

"I have to meet someone" Her 'cheerful' demeanor disappeared like the sun behind the clouds.

"Who is that?" I dared to ask.

"Someone important" She sounded like she didn't wanna talk about it so I let her be. "I have a lot of things to do today and.. they have alot to do with it" She sounded like it was someone.. very important. A boss? Pfft, someone like Jisoo can't have a boss, Right?

She finished her cocoa and left and after telling me to keep in touch and not leave the house. She doesn't know how long she'll be gone for but I could tell she was worried.

I've never seen Jisoo like this..

THIRD PERSON

"What do you mean?! How could all of them have died? How did the girl escape?!"

"I'm sorry Sir, it wasn't in our control but it seems someone is protecting her"

"I want her, dead. Do it by the end of this week or I'll have you in place of her. Out of my office, NOW!"

And out the man went, in fear of his boss's wrath.

"Amateurs..!"

1:30PM
JENNIE

Fuck! I hate my life now! Like I didn't before. Being with her is hell! Gah!

"Wait up, where are you going?" There goes the human version of annoyance.

"I don't have to! Why are you even here?"

"I've been visiting this cafe for a while, and then I saw you, so I thought I should say hi. Hi" She raised her hand and waved.

"Done. Now bug off you annoying creature" I made to open my car but she slammed it shut so hard I jumped.

"I wanted to get to know you, to be honest short lady" She twirled her keys on her slender finger. God it's long.

"Did you just call me short? How dare you?!" I grabbed her collar and she looked down at me.

"See, you're barely up to my shoulder" She pinched my nose and I gasped.

I never thought I'd do this.

"Boys! Get her" I demanded.

"What? No, hey! I'm sorry! Jennieeeeeeeee!"