Chapter Seven

Lance and Shadow were at Lance's house, discussing important business. 

Lance had evolved into Jolteon the week after Shadow evolved into Umbreon. 

"So let me get this straight, there is a rouge Charizard on the loose and you want me to kill him?" Shadow asked.

Lance nodded. "Shadow you're strong, and you know it. You may be our only hope left." 

"This guy is that bad?" Shadow asked. 

"Yeah. He is killing off all the civilians. Someone needs to stop him." Lance told Shadow.

"Why can't the Champion go kill him? Why me?" Shadow asked.

"The Champion is with the King and all the other adult male Pokémon in town. And they are in Kanto right now, anyway." Lance told him.

Shadow nodded. "Alright. I'll do it."

Shadow was riding on the back of a Dragonite. This Dragonite was the only Pokémon who knew the Charizard's secret base, for she worked as a spy for the good guys. 

"We're almost there." The Dragonite said, flicking her tail. 

"Good." Shadow mumbled.

In almost no time at all, the two arrived. 

The Charizard's base was a gloomy place. It was a castle- like building surrounded by fire. Shadow hated the place at first sight. 

"Good luck, you'll need it." The Dragonite said before she took off. 

Shadow nodded. He would need it.

Shadow went into the Charizard's throne room. Fire surrounded the Charizard's dreadful seat.

"Oh, a mere Umbreon came to challenge me? I thought only strong Pokémon did." The Charizard rumbled.

"I am Shadow the Umbreon and I am strong." Shadow retorted.

The Charizard smirked. "Alright, then. Bring it on."