Prologue

The night sky was as black as a Raven's feathers, the brilliant full moon shining like a white flame in the black sky. 

A soft wail cut into the silence of the night. An Eevee only a few minutes old was crawling around the hard, cold floor of the cave it was in. It longed for the warmth of its mother, all it had known in the first minutes of its life was coldness and loneliness. 

"Mom! Mom!" It seemed to wail. "Where is my mother? Where is she?" 

No one responded to the Eevee's desperate call. 

"Mom! Mom!" It called again. "I'm cold! I need warmth!" 

The Eevee was trembling now. The moon smiled at the Eevee, praying for its safety. 

At the same time, a Jolteon was walking in the same forest the Eevee's cave was in. 

"Mom! Mom!" The Eevee's wails reached the Jolteon's ears. 

His ears pricked up. An Eevee needed him! 

The Jolteon broke into a run, following the Eevee's desperate voice. 

"I'm coming, little one. I will be there soon." He promised the Eevee.

When he arrived at the Eevee's cave, it lay down, sprawling its tiny legs. The only sign it was still alive was its faint heartbeat. The Jolteon knew if he didn't do something, this Eevee would die soon. 

He scooped the little scrap up in his gentle Jolteon paws. The Eevee squirmed in his grip, whimpering. 

"Hello, little one." The Jolteon whispered to the Eevee. "I am Yellow. I will take care of you now. Welcome to the world, Shadow."