Chapter Two

Shadow had memorized the path to him and Lance's secret base. It was a hollowed out oak tree that the two had found years ago. 

Shadow walked in. "Lance are you there? I'm here!" 

Lance walked out of their meeting area, his light brown Eevee fur glossy as usual. "Took you long enough. What was the holdup?" He asked. 

"I had to persuade Yellow to let me come." Shadow responded. 

"Ah, I see." Lance nodded.

"So what are we doing today?" Shadow asked.

"Uh, I don't know." Lance responded. But right after, a sly smile crept upon his face. "Have you ever met that heck of an Eevee named Pearl? They say she's the cutest girl around." 

Shadow shook his head. "No, I don't think so." He told Lance.

"She's the one who walks around with that Shinx, I think he said his name was Brance..." Lance told Shadow.

Shadow blushed. "Oh. Then I have seen her." He told him.

Lance circled Shadow. "Ooh! Do you like her? She's cute, isn't she? I bet you'll marry her!" He taunted. 

Shadow felt his face turn red. "No, I don't like her!"

Lance patted Shadow on the back. "I was just kidding, buddy. I know you don't like her!" Then Lance whispered. "Yet."

"Hey!" Shadow yelled. "I heard that!" 

"Don't mind me, Shadow!" Lance told him. "I know I'm annoying!" 

"Uh, yeah. I know." Shadow told Lance.