18

I was sitting near the Black Lake, not reading anything for once. The grounds were empty since the weather was pretty cold and the students preferred the warmth of their common rooms.

Remus didn't attend the classes today. I knew it would only be one day maximum before he is in the infirmary again. I sighed as I remembered him; I missed him. I made a mental note to give him chocolate frogs tonight.

The conversation with my friends a few days back left me confused. I wanted to understand myself but the more I was doing so, the more I was refusing with my own results. I didn't know if I was right anymore or not.

I gasped when freezing cold water was spilled on me. My body jerked when the cold water made contact with my robes and penetrated through my clothes causing goosebumps to errupt.

I looked up. "What the fuck Fairchild?!", I yelled at the blonde and stood up.

"It's the end of November, what were you thinking doing something like this?! Couldn't you come up with a more humane way of doing pranks?"

"What was I thinking doing something like this?!", she scoffed. "You should have thought better than turning me into a polluted water body!"

"You changed my answers Fairchild and it's not something I would let go just like that. You returned after three years. It would be better if you asked someone around how much my studies and marks matter to me before messing with them."

"You think I don't know?", she scoffed again. "Why do you think I messed your marks then?"

"You were a bright child back in our first year. I didn't know you grew up to be this deranged. You know how much my marks and studies matter to me and you still dared to mess with them?"

"What's the worse you can do Rose? A kind-little-hufflepuff you are, aren't you?", she smiled maniacally.

I took a deep breath. "Do not mess with me Fairchild. I might be a "kind-little-hufflepuff", as you so nicely put it, but I have read more books about dark magic than you know exist in the wizarding world."

"Why?", she batted her eyelashes. "Trying to find counter curses of them?", she spoke in a fake baby voice.

"Yes, I was trying to find healing solutions to them but don't worry, I am equally good at performing them too", I tilted my head and smiled.

"Which means you are awful."

"Hold your tongue", I warned.

"Why? Scared?"

"Do not force me to start a duel right now. You have no idea about my skills."

"I am starting a duel?", she scoffed. "You started this fight!"

"You spilled ice cold water on me!"

"And you messed with my skin and smell!"

"And you messed with my marks!"

"And you stared at what is mine", she said through gritted teeth.

"Yours?", I scoffed. "Since when is Remus yours?"

"Since our first year Rose. It would be better if you stay away from what I want."

I laughed sarcastically. "And you think Remus wants you? You think Remus would fall for someone with this kind of behaviour?" I tilted my head again and started playing with one of my damp lock of hair.

"He will love me Rose! He will eventually! I changed myself just so he would like me. I became a prankster and I made sure that I become such a headache to my godparents that they finally send me back here. And see where I am standing. I always get what I want Rose and I'll make sure I get him too so you better stay away from him"