26

"Blue and black is the theme of the ball"

I stared at the two ball dresses I was confused between. One was a short black sleeveless dress with work done on the top. It was knee length from the front and went till the ankle from the back. It was tight fitted from the top and flew outwards below the waist with different layers of net.

The other was a pretty similar dress to the first one but in blue and was shorter from the back than the black one.

In the end, I decided on the blue one only because it looked better and not at all because I wanted to use Laura's present along with it.

[A/n: The dress is at the end because I am shit at describing them.]

Regulus entered through the fire the same time I was coming downstairs after getting ready.

He was wearing a grey black tuxedo along with a white shirt and black tie. He looked handsome to say the least.

After formal greetings between my parents and him, they apparated to the Potter's residence while we side apparated along with them.

Once we reached, I quickly grabbed Regulus' arm and held it tightly. He looked down at me confused before his eyes fell on the name plate.

Potter's Residence

His jaw dropped and a horrified expression took a place on his face. He looked down at me with a betrayed look.

He tried to take his hand out of my hold and I increased my grip.

I indicated my parents to leave without us for now and they obliged. I loved this thing about them. They were understanding and respected privacy.

Once they left, I turned back to the guy beside me. "Regulus please", I pleaded but he shook his head.

"I told you because you never interfered Athea. Why now?", his voice cracked at the end and my heart broke.

"Because it's the only way Regulus. None of you is taking the first step. It's high time both of you reconcile."

He looked away but didn't protest so I carried on.

"You are like a younger brother to me Regulus. I want to see you happy", I explained.

"This is why you asked me to bring his christmas gift, didn't you?", he asked.

"It's not my fault you didn't send it to him on Christmas", I mumbled.

He jerked his hand out of my grip and started heading in the opposite direction.

"He needs you as much as you need him Regulus!", I yelled trying to make him understand.

He halted on his steps. My eyes sparkled in hope.

I went upto him and took his hand gently.

"Let's head inside, shall we?", I questioned softly.

Once we entered the hallway, my jaw dropped at the beauty. I looked around in awe at the aesthetic decorations surrounding me.

Regulus' hand twitched in nervousness and I looked up at him. I kept my other hand on his arm and gave him a reassuring smile. That seemed to ease him down a bit.

I looked around and soon enough, found the person who invited me to the ball.

I practically dragged Regulus to the place where Potter and Sirius were laughing loudly.

"Hey", I greeted softly.

Both of them turned towards me and stiffened on the sight of Regulus. Regulus seemed to do the same.