chapter 7

Kendrick's POV

***the next morning***
So you and Sherane hit it off yesterday , Alex said as we walked to school. Just make sure to not get tangled in gang banging cuz Sherane's cousins have a history of crime. As Alex said this some  guy was running down the street and then another guy with a gun came and shot him. The fact that it didn't shock or scare anyone in the street. This is Compton. Where cartoon , cereal and school all in the morning and house parties and gun shots in the night. I got to school and everything  was alright. Till it was after school and Ms J. Came up to me . She was favorite teacher. As a kid growing up I've always had a stuttering problem. She comes up to me as I'm packing up and says , Kendrick , I think I found a way to solve your stuttering. I looked at her with curiousity.
She sat on my desk and asked "Kendrick what do you want to be when you grow up?" "Ion know " I replied. "Have you considered poetry?" Ms J continued. "To be honest I haven't considered anything"
"Kendrick your a bright kid , you've got lots of potential don't misuse that potential."
I left the class with Alex waiting for me outside. "You in trouble?" Alex asked. "Nah"
As usual me , Alex , couple of homies and a couple kids played soccer in the street. When I finally got my phone had a couple of notifications and they were all from Sharane. We talked for a couple hours.  This would soon turn into a regular pattern. Go to school , play soccer then expect a message from Sharane. We grew to know alot about each other. Her mother was a crack addict , she lived with her granny and her younger two brothers. She told me about her favorite cousin Demetriu's irrepetible family history of gang banging .
Sherane : you wanna come over ?
Kendrick : yeah
Sherane : ight I'll see you in a couple of minutes

That's when I started second geussing , my tatics of being thirsty would probably get me hurt but what's the worst that could happen. I grabbed my mom's keys , hopped in the car and I'm thinking 'bout that sex, thinking bout her thighs
Or maybe kissing on her neck, or maybe what position's next.
I'm six steps from where she stay , she waving at me from across the street. I pulled up a smile on my face and then I see two niggas , two black hoodies , I froze as my phone rang

***Based on the lyrics of good kid maad city , Sherane a.k.a. Master Splinter’s Daughter.