Rules

The part no one likes, but everyone needs to read. Let's get started.

1

1. No bribing the judges!

2. Follow this account, @Alana_Sinclair
I have been hearing a lot of complaints going around about following hosts of awards, so I'm going to level with you here. I enjoy giving books the chance to be highlighted, but it's also nice to get something in return and to have a way to get the word out on my future awards. Also, prizes for winners and judges include reading lists and shoutouts on my profile. By following this account, you are helping those prizes be worth more. If you have any other questions or complaints, let me know or find another award please.

3. Follow your judge when they're announced.
They're doing a lot for you! Also, you get disqualified if you don't.

4. Post these awards on your board to advertise them.
The more people hear about these awards, the faster we can get to judging!

5. Add this book to a public reading list.

6. Add this book to your library so you can stay up to date!

7. Books must be in English.

8. Books must be at least 3 chapters long (prologues count, aesthetics etc. do not).
For short stories, there is no minimum.

9. Password is any 5 letter word.

10. You may judge and participate, but you cannot judge the genre you're entered in.

11. You can enter up to 2 books, but not in the same category.

12. Books must be under 20k reads (at the time of application).

13. You can't enter one book into multiple genres.

 You can't enter one book into multiple genres

1. Follow this account,  @Alana_Sinclair

2. Put these awards on your board to advertise.

3. Add this book to a public reading list.

4. Add this book to your library to stay up to date!

5. You must read at least 3 chapters of each of the 10 books.

6. Password is any 4 letter word.

7. When the category is announced, you will have about 3 weeks to DM or email me the results (I can be flexible).

8. Provide a short review (about 150 words) for your 1st place book (example will be provided).

9. Give some writing advice for your bottom 2 books. Please be nice about it! (example will be provided)

10. Follow the 1st place in your category.

11. Only judges with prior experience may judge multiple genres.

12. You are not required to vote and comment on the books you read, that is totally up to you.

13. You're gonna have to be okay with LGBT+. This does not mean mature LGBT+, just LGBT+ in general.
All mature stories will be marked, but I'm not singling out LGBT+ stories. This actually isn't a new rule as I haven't marked LGBT+ the past 2 seasons, but I figured I would give a heads-up.

If you have any other questions, comment here!