Photographed Memories

Giggling, two children made their way into a room. Silently closing the door hoping none of their family members notice them.

The two kids rummaged through the room, which looked like a storage room for old things. Considering how dusty it all was, everything was layered in dust. Cobwebs was everywhere, it wouldn't be surprise if it was infested with spiders.

A box fell off of a shelf, which caught the attention of both children. One of them yelped in surprised, and shook as they were scared of what it was.

While the other one, the young girl, bravely walked over to what toppled down the floor. The inside of the box was spilt, various papers, or what looked like paper, was all over the tiles of the ground.

A light shined onto the papers, which turned out to be photographs.

"kidlat! look at what I found" the small girl ushered her friend over, showing them a colleague of pictures. "this looks like tita [Y/n] and tío Camilo" she pointed at a picture of two people. Both dressed in white with wide happy smiled on their faces.

"mama and papá" "yeah, your mom and pop. theres my mamí and papí too!" The little girl showed another picture filled with people, only gesturing a finger to two specific people. "tía Dolores looks pretty" "ofcourse mamí does"

"Sol! Lat!" A voice called out to the two. The door swung side to side, lights switching on, Casita snitching on where they were. A man walked into the room, sighing as he saw the two kids were doing fine.

"You two are too good at playing hide and seek." He said before scooping the younglings up. The kids giggled as they hung onto his arms, Solares showed the man another photo her hands manage to pick up before she got scooped up.

"Tío Camilo look! It's you and our Family." She explained with a big smile, Camilo took the picture of his niece's hands, taking a better look. "That is me, wow, I never knew I'll see these again." He showed the picture to his son who giggled at their Tío Antonio whose face was distorted because his pet Jaguar leaped away and moved.

"I would show you guys more and even tell you stories about these memories, buuuut- its night time and it's both pass your bedtime."

Sol and Lat whined in his arms, tugging on his poncho and asking if he could tell them tommorow. They manage to give him big puppy eyes that Camilo couldn't say no to.

And so he promised them tommorow, that he'll show them more of the photographed memories of the past.

(Last chapter of the main script :( )