Goodbye Casita

I sprinted out of the room with Camilo in toe, chasing me with his arms out trying to catch me. Well isn't this great, we just confessed to eachother earlier and nothing bad happened between us.

We were just playing cat and mouse like the kids we were, joking around and having fun. He liked me and I liked him, and that was all. There was no need to question who we were together yet.

I was about to run the opposite way from the middle of la casita, but then I heard people singing which Camilo also noticed. Two voices were heard, it was of Isabella and Maribel who danced on top of the roof of the home. I was amazed of the various plants that grew everywhere, I didn't really know what they were but they took form of different sizes, shapes and colour. It wasn't like the flowers Isabella bloomed.

Camilo stood right next to me, confused at all the plant life growing in seconds. "Is that Isabella?" He questioned then suddenly a flower grew next to him, earning him a colourful powder to the face.

He looked ridiculous with all the blue and yellow on his face, I couldn't help but laugh at him. He deadpanned at me, before using his poncho as a towel to wipe off whatever was on his face. "Not funny, Amora."

"It very much is, Mahal." I wiped off some of the powder he missed, with my thumb. He pouted, before jokingly pursing his lips, asking for a kissed but I pushed his face away. Walking over to the two sisters who landed on a hill of roses.

He's been at it with asking for a kiss on the lips, goodluck to him because I'll keep declining it until I was ready for my first kiss. I was quick to call out to Mirabel when she sat up from the pile of rosas.

"Mirabel!" "[Y/n]! And Camilo-" she waved to her cousin who manage to caught up to me, she was about to say more when abuela Alma came barging in with anger in her voice.

"What is going on!" The older woman looked around the house which were filled with plants and different kinds of flowers. Petals were littered on the floor. Looking back, Isabella's clothes were painted with different colours with her hair as well.

She looked like a completely different person, imperfect and free. But seeing Abuela's furriated face made her stand up straight with her hands infront ontop of eachother. Stiff and scared. I can see she was scared that her Abuela would be disappointed of her.

I was about to take another step to the two sisters when Camilo pulled me back, shaking his head as to tell me not to. I looked back at him to disagree, yet he held my stare, still shaking his head no. I sighed and complied, taking a step back.

I guess he was right, this wasn't my fight nor problem to fix. This was between Alma and Mirabel.

"Abuela! It's okay, we're-were gonna save the miracle!" Mirabel smiled at the older woman, all of the stress off of her face. A bit different from her sisters, who was quiet and panicking.

Alma interrupted the girl, exclaiming "What are you talking about? Look at our home." Filled with plants, and that big palm tree that broke through the roof. "Look at your sister!"

"Isabella wasn't happy." She tried to explain but Alma interjected again. "Ofcourse she wasn't happy, you ruined her proposal." Isabella wasn't feeling well when they were fighting at all, neither was Camilo nor the others who came and heard the commotion.

I placed a hand on his forearm, which he placed his hand ontop of mine. Giving the top of my hand small pats to comfort me. He knew I was nervous, he was nervous himself and scared what could happen next.

Mirabel continued on explaining how she was helping the miracle burn bright, how the cracks were lessening. Yet she didn't notice the tense atmosphere the was forming around her. "You have to stop, Mirabel!" She finally stopped talking, noticing how her grandma didn't understand what she was doing for her family.